• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik "Bugs"?

Vellez

Smash Rookie
Quick question(s);

I'm fairly new to PM overall but not so much to Melee/Brawl in general. In PM, I've noticed a few different things overall to do with Sheik, as well as a few controller issues.

Sheik can no longer use her chain to grab ledges: is that true or false? I've tried a few times and tried looking it up but never get the response I'm looking for (which would be yes she can or no she can't.)

Sheik's neutral B charges her needles but in PM she keeps going after max stacks of needles and stands there, unless I control stick otherwise (which then she would dodge.) Is that a bug? Can I fix that?

I've also found that the c-stick isn't as responsive or precise as it is in Brawl. I've tried many controllers (wireless and wired) and it has nothing to do with the controllers I use.

Sorry for the list, but I'd like to get some answers ASAP.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
For the chain, she can't use it to grab ledges, this is intentional.

I don't know about the other two (For the third one, I use CC).

Vellez

Smash Rookie
Okay thanks, I thought the chain would be a nerf because of its utility which makes sense. CC = ?

Vellez

Smash Rookie
Mhh yeah let me see if I can explain this properly.

If I try to use the c-stick in general, sometimes it wouldn't do anything. I would flick it every direction and nothing would happen. Other times, when it would work, it would be either delayed or couldn't use one move after the next. ie, c-stick right and then c-stick up after the first move was done.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
The c-stick must be returned to a completely neutral state before it can take another input. Hold L+R+X to calibrate it, and see if that helps.

Are you playing on a console, or an emulator? If it's an emulator, set the c-stick dead zone to about 10 or 15.

Vellez

Smash Rookie
I'm playing on Wii w/ game cube controllers. I'll try that tomorrow and tell you what happens.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Sheik's needles can be canceled with a shield input. The continuous charging is intentional.

Top Bottom