• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHDLC(Short Hop Double Lazer Cancel)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
A tech that many of you probably know but I want to inform everyone. First you gotta do a SHDL(Short Hop Double Lazer) you can do this by short hoping, then pausing for a second and then tapping b twice. It takes a little practice to get down. Then once you master SHDL you can move on the SHDLC. After you do the SHDL there is no lag, so you can immeditly do a move right after. Once you start doing the SHDLC try canceling his shine at first its the easiest move to starting learning. Then after you master that keep trying other moves like Dtilt. And if you want to use a Smash attack use the c-stick.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
DID I JUST HEAR CANCELLING HIS SHINE???? Like reduce lag of SHINE?

Or you mean shining RIGHT after the shdl.

You got my hopes up just then XD

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
That's pretty informative. I'm working on mastering the SHDL, now that I know what it looks like I know I'm doing it right when I land with no lag.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
1. I already beat you to making a laser thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151139

2. Why did you separate SHDL from SHDLC? Since Smash64, people knew you can abuse the canceled laser lag...THAT'S THE PURPOSE OF JUMPING AND DOING A LASER RATHER THEN STANDING ON THE GROUND.
You wouldn't even be able to move back and forth if you didn't cancel the lasers!
So anyways, there was never a separate term for the cancel itself in the Smash64 or Melee community... it was far too self-explanatory.

3. You didn't even give the right description. The cancel ISN'T doing a move after the SHDL....it's just landing while doing the SHDL (simply landing while doing a laser, period).

Review:
- You didn't find anything new
- You reposted material that was posted before youl
- Your information is lacking
- You want to claim something badly in Brawl

Thread fails

Rawb Face

Smash Rookie
Thats not the definition of a cancel. You're using "cancel" to describe the move you're doing after you pull off the SHDL. A "cancel" is when you do a move to stop an animation that may cause lag. Sorry to repeat whats already been said, but now you can at least use the term correctly.

Gren Kuts

Smash Rookie
Review:
- You didn't find anything new
- You reposted material that was posted before youl
- Your information is lacking
- You want to claim something badly in Brawl

There's been a lot of this lately. I didn't know smashboards.com was this congested with lazy people who don't want to read and people who want to have "strat-claims" or even name themselves after what they discover.

Repulse X

Smash Apprentice
yeah its funny when someone names a tech after themselves and when they post it on the forums people are just like....dude we found that out months ago

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yeah its funny when someone names a tech after themselves and when they post it on the forums people are just like....dude we found that out months ago
Actually, we found that out YEARS ago :p

But yeah, laser canceling has always been in Smash.
I can see someone saying "well...now it's in brawl and has to be restated again!", my response would be "NEW TECHNIQUE, IT'S CALLED JUMPING!".

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Well if I ever found something super technical about Falco's shine. I would call it a FLUKE.

jkjkjk.

How would Shiny sound? Shineeee---nnneeeeyyy :p

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
NJzFinest i said i know its been found out i was tallking to dmbrandon. but i wanted to post this to show people that might have not found out yet

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Those people who my not of found out yet might not of even played smash bros in general ever before.

I think you should also post a new thread saying Falco can angle his Up B in multiple ways....you know...just in case people didn't find out yet.

Oh, add using the C stick for smashes and aerials in there too.

Thanks dude.

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
Falco Can Angle His Up -b In Different Ways???!!!!??? Oh Sh$t!!!! Dude Thats Awesome!!! Ooohhhh ****!

Ah Sweet Im Gonna Be The Best When I Master This!!
Oh Sh$t!

Top Bottom