• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

shaxawl tips

j3ly

Smash Champion
I though i would make a thread to help anyone having trouble with:

1) shabawl - short hop, back air, waveland
2) rshabawl - reverse(short hop, back air, waveland)

3) shauajwl - short hop, up air, jump, waveland
4) rshauajwl - reverse (short hop, up air [jump], waveland)

These are the main 4 techs applyable.

1) SH BAIR WL
- The simplest one to perform
- Jump, use the CONTROL STICK and bair
- Your muscle memory wont be used to the tech unless u can waveshine, it is the same kind of sliding motion. Control stick should be straight to do bair, then tilted slightly to waveland. Not tilting the control stick was where i had my problems with this. DONT reset the control stick.
- You can actually fast-fall after the bair if you are quick enough.
- After learning SHABAFFWL learn to make the waveland perfect - straight control stick, waveland 1/2/3 frames before u hit the ground - will waveland exact length of airdodge.
- Now learn to control the wavelands, there are 3 main distances you should know, small (harder to do then long) long (probably your default) and perfect (hard!).

2) R(SH BAIR WL)
- A step up from standard SHABAWL
- Jump, and use the C-STICK to bair
- Should should be facing away from ur opp(**), wavedash towards and use the momentum to jump further and faster (must jump while mario is still sliding, not many frames to get the jump in).
+++ This is hard to put into clear bullet points, because the 3 moves inside the brackets are ALL(**) interchangeable - any one can be reversed, or normal. Eg - face towards opp, sh (as opposed to facing away, reverse sh and normal bair) reverse bair, so you are hitting with marios head. you can then waveland forwards, or backwards. +++
- The purpose of using the C-stick is because if you use the control stick, you will lose momentum while traveling.
- The 2 main applications of this are:
:-: Running away, jumping, back airing while jumping (so you are hitting with feet), wavelanding towards or away. If you use the control stick, mario will lose momentum while jumping away, defeating the point.
:-: Running towards, jumping, back airing while jumping (so you are hitting with head), wavelanding towards or away. if you use control stick, again mario will lose momentum about the time u hit back air, defeating the point.
- If you can fast-fall, perfect waveland AND use the C-stick, your good xD

ok long for finishing this now, ima goin out. Ill probably finish this tonight or 2mo mornin

j3ly

Smash Champion
hehe he said he may help try to revive these boards a little after i mentioned how SH** they are (no offence guys, but u all suck xD)

speakin of which my Roy got his first tournament friendly Xp, and while i pulled out many beautiful KO's , the man is just not **** capable of keeping up with the smash elites in my community, under my hands. Soon, but until then, i may not be posting on the roy boards until another large step-up.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
thats the thing. roy just isnt a viable character at all. mario on the other hand is somewhat decent. if i were you, i would pick up a top or high tier secondary that complements marios type of play. sheik can shaxawl, but she falls pretty fast compared to mario.
i dont know how your mario plays, so i dont know the optimal decision. (vids?)

i help the roy boards because they need it(and roy is really fun).i dont use him as much as i used to. it makes me feel like a sellout, but this isnt about favorites.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
j3ly, do you use the control stick to jump, or just to do the aerial? Your wording threw me off. Because if it was the first, then I guess its nigh impossible for me to do it consistently.
<----- cannot SH with the control stick for the life of my entire extended family.

j3ly

Smash Champion
llol, sorry yeah i jump with y, and sometimes x.
never control stick your jumps

Top Bottom