• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shaft vs Lamb

Zion

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zion_Hikari0
You dont "Always" have to jump over Pika's TJolts you could Jab them or F -Tilit them. And you should Work on your spacing.

The Pika seems more of an agressive type so I would'nt Approach him so much and if he spams Tjolts then just jab them. Thats all i got man hope this helps =P

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
He keeps punishing your landings. Stay grounded a little more often. If he's playing super aggro all you have to do is shield and punish. You need to work a lot more on spacing, especially when you aerial his shield.

At :48, you should have just stopped DB. It was bound to fail.
Don't DS unless you know for a fact it will hit. You missed a lot of these.

At the very beginning, your spacing was good but then you started overcommiting to a lot of stuff, which got you punished. For example, you tried Fsmashing pika right after a well spaced Nair at :16. You could have just walked away and Dtilted or at least DB1 would be better. You took 30% for this.

Pivot grab is extremely safe and I always use it in a situation like :26. If he misses, you can't really be punished.

I kind of like the weaving in and out after :26 because I think it frustrates some people.

Marth doesn't have GR to anything on pika, afaik. He does have fthrow->fthrow->dthrow->tipper fsmash for 33% though.

1:47 skull bash has more lag than it appears to. You probably would have been safe going for tipper fair, uair, or nair.

Around 2:40 bad DS...Also **try not to keep going towards him and retaliating when you get hit.** A lot of players (not just Marth) have a hard time with this, but you just want to reset the situation when you get hit. This includes just getting the **** out of there. You did this around 2:50 and pretty much lost stage positioning and your stock because of this.

Hope this helps, and sorry for a late response.

Top Bottom