• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow in smash 4?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
I think we can all agree that shadow is way more awesome then sonic, and although sonic is a third-party game in the smash universe. Who else wants shadow as a dlc character instead of an assist trophy?!

Troykv

Smash Master
Well ... I have various opinions regarding Shadow, there are things I like about him, as others not really.

On the other hand, if by choosing another representative of Sonic the Hedgedog, most likely it would Tails or Knuckles (especially the first).

I think we can all agree that shadow is way more awesome then sonic,
no we can't

although sonic is a third-party game in the smash universe. Who else wants shadow as a dlc character instead of an assist trophy?!
Nope. no reason to replace an assist trophy that has already been made and waster more time. especially when tails has more move potential but there are better 3rd party reps like rayman or snake

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I think we can all agree that shadow is way more awesome then sonic, and although sonic is a third-party game in the smash universe. Who else wants shadow as a dlc character instead of an assist trophy?!
Not me. To be honest, I would rather have Tails or Knuckles as DLC, or maybe Metal Sonic or even Eggman. I know that Tails would be the most likely of all if they were to add more than one character representing a third party series, but any of them would be fine. Plus, in my opinion, Metal Sonic is a cooler rival for Sonic than Shadow anyways, no offense.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
No offense, but Tails is honestly more likely. Which isn't really saying much though. I expect another SEGA character before we get another SONIC character. And that's pretty much impossible.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Shadow is already an Assist Trophy, and I don't think we're allowed to create character threads if said character was deconfirmed.

Sorry, mate!

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
NO
Out of all the stupid ideas I've seen, Rayman, Daisy, Waluigi, Cranky Kong, Geno, Ghirahim, this is probably the worst.

1. Shadow is a horribly generic character with an unorignal design and personality.
2. He has little relevance to Nintendo-only Sonic games.
3. He is already an assist trophy (get your Alfonzo arguements out of here)
4. Sonic doesn't need more characters, but if we get a second Sonic rep it should be Eggman, the main villain who has been in the franchise since the start.
5. His fanbase is terrible. Not really an arguement but I really hate him and his fanbase.

Some of this may be personal bias (I post the fact I hate Shadow on Miiverse daily), but Shadow is a horrible idea.

Supersheikbros

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lewis-Cooper
NO
Out of all the stupid ideas I've seen, Rayman, Daisy, Waluigi, Cranky Kong, Geno, Ghirahim, this is probably the worst.

1. Shadow is a horribly generic character with an unorignal design and personality.
2. He has little relevance to Nintendo-only Sonic games.
3. He is already an assist trophy (get your Alfonzo arguements out of here)
4. Sonic doesn't need more characters, but if we get a second Sonic rep it should be Eggman, the main villain who has been in the franchise since the start.
5. His fanbase is terrible. Not really an arguement but I really hate him and his fanbase.

Some of this may be personal bias (I post the fact I hate Shadow on Miiverse daily), but Shadow is a horrible idea.
Well that's your opinion no need 2 be rude about it

D

Deleted member

I may agree that this thread shouldn't be here considering a) there's a pre-existing Shadow thread and b) Shadow's already an Assist so he's out of the running, I may agree that even if Shadow wasn't an Assist he'd still have a snowball's chance in Hell due to being a secondary 3rd Party character, and I may even agree that Dr. Eggman is the superior option and would give what's left of my soul to have a Bowser/Eggman/Ganondorf/*insert 4th iconic villain here* match be possible, but you have no ****ing right to insult the fanbase of any character based on personal distaste when there are ideas you have proposed for characters that are far more stupid than the ideas you claim to be.

@Swampasaur
Since Shadow's an Assist and there's a pre-existing Shadow thread anyway, this thread should probably be closed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I may agree that this thread shouldn't be here considering a) there's a pre-existing Shadow thread and b) Shadow's already an Assist so he's out of the running, I may agree that even if Shadow wasn't an Assist he'd still have a snowball's chance in Hell due to being a secondary 3rd Party character, and I may even agree that Dr. Eggman is the superior option and would give what's left of my soul to have a Bowser/Eggman/Ganondorf/*insert 4th iconic villain here* match be possible, but you have no ****ing right to insult the fanbase of any character based on personal distaste when there are ideas you have proposed for characters that are far more stupid than the ideas you claim to be.

@Swampasaur
Since Shadow's an Assist and there's a pre-existing Shadow thread anyway, this thread should probably be closed.
His fanbase ships him their "OCs" way too much and they were still sure he would be playable after seeing him as an assist. I am probably overreacting but I really can't stand his fans.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Shadow's chances died when he became an assist trophy (and I'm a Shadow fan), it's either Tails, Knuckles or Dr. Eggman for the 2nd Sonic rep (Amy's very plausible, since she appeared in the Classic era as well, but she's not getting in over the 3 Classic reps, despite the fact we need more females).

If we get another 3rd Party rep, bank it on being Rayman (if Sega were to get a 2nd rep outside of Sonic, it should be NiGHTS (considering he/she still has a decent fanbase and is well liked in the Sega community).

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Oh no, not this again. This is EXACTLY why I hate being a Sonic fan.

He's already an assist trophy. They wouldn't just go back and convert him. Besides, it's pretty obvious he's never happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

His fanbase ships him their "OCs" way too much and they were still sure he would be playable after seeing him as an assist. I am probably overreacting but I really can't stand his fans.
Yet the "Brogres" don't stop you from supporting Shrek (a completely unreasonable character choice) of all characters. And they turned Shrek into a ****ing sex icon with, get this, Shadow as his "one true lover".

And really, every damn character has their irrational fans that still believe they will be playable even after they're disconfirmed (as well as the rational ones that understand that they won't). Shadow is nothing particularly noteworthy in that regard (and even then, the only example I've seen is the one who made this thread), so to single out the Shadow fanbase over such baseless hatred is nothing but pure venom.

@Swampasaur
Again, I'm going to mention that this thread should be closed based on Shadow already being an assist and already having a thread.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
Yet the "Brogres" don't stop you from supporting Shrek (a completely unreasonable character choice) of all characters. And they turned Shrek into a ****ing sex icon with, get this, Shadow as his "one true lover".

And really, every damn character has their irrational fans that still believe they will be playable even after they're disconfirmed (as well as the rational ones that understand that they won't). Shadow is nothing particularly noteworthy in that regard (and even then, the only example I've seen is the one who made this thread), so to single out the Shadow fanbase over such baseless hatred is nothing but pure venom.

@Swampasaur
Again, I'm going to mention that this thread should be closed based on Shadow already being an assist and already having a thread.
The brogres don't exist, they're joking. I don't really support Shrek.

It's disgusting how people ship Shrek and Shadow.
Shrek is too good for him.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

@Swampasaur
The brogres don't exist, they're joking. I don't really support Shrek.

It's disgusting how people ship Shrek and Shadow.
Shrek is too good for him.
Both of you, just stop. This is getting way out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom