• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shade's Super Team/ Rate & Comment/Edited w/second super team

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
This team is unbeatable and can adapt to any situation. All of them are at level 100 as well. Well, here they are.

Name: Tyranitar
Found- in Fire Red
Held Item: Hard Stone
Special Ablity: Sand Stream
Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, Crunch

Name: Lugia-
Found- in Gale of Darkness
Held Item: Leftovers
Special Ablity: Pressure
Moves: Earthquake, Aeroblast, Featherdance, Psychic

Name: Metagross
Found- in Emerald
Held Item: Quick Claw
Special Ablity: Clear Body
Moves: Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Light Screen

Name: Typhlosion
Found: in Emerald
Held Item: Charcoal
Special Ablity: Blaze
Moves: Thunderpunch, Fire Blast, Counter, Sunny Day

Name: Snorlax
Found: in Fire Red
Special Ablity: Thick Fat
Moves: Shadow Ball, Sleep Talk, Rest, Earthquake

Name: Jolteon
Held Item: Lum Berry
Special Ablity: Volt Energy
Moves: Charm, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Bite

Shade's Second Super Team

Name: Tauros
Found: In Leaf Green
Held Item: Scope Lens
Special Ablity: Intimidate
Moves: Body Slam, Fissure, Rock Slide, Swords Dance

Name: Grumpig
Found: In Emerald
Held Item: Twistedspoon
Special Ablity: Own Tempo
Moves: Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Psychic, Calm Mind

Name: Dusclops *shiny*
Found: In Ruby
Moves: Will o Wisp, Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray

Name: Entei
Found: In Fire Red
Moves: Rock Slide, Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Earthquake

Name: Shedinja
Held Item: Spell Tag
Special Ablity: Wonder Guard
Moves: Shadow Ball, Return, Solarbeam, Double Team

Name: Milotic
Special Ability: Marvel Scale
Moves: Mirror Coat, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Protect

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Sorry, but far from unbeatable.

For improvements, change their items. Get rid of all those one-type boosting items- they won't make enogh of a difference.

Found- in Fire Red
Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Agility/Dragon Dance, Brick Break/Focus Punch

Moves: Earthquake, Aeroblast, Featherdance, Psychic

Found- in Emerald
Held Item: Quick Claw/Leftovers/Choice Band (If you don't go with Agility)
Moves: Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Agility/Explosion/Sludge Bomb

Special Ablity:
Moves: Thunderpunch, Flamethrower, HP Ice, Sunny Day

Special Ablity: Immunity
Moves: Body Slam, Sleep Talk/Belly Drum, Rest, Earthquake

Moves: Charm, Reflect, Thunderbolt, HP Ice
You have 4 pokemon that are weak to Ground, 2 to Fighting, and Rock may also give you some problems.

Is this for ingame or person-to-person, may I ask...?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sorry, but far from unbeatable.

For improvements, change their items. Get rid of all those one-type boosting items- they won't make enogh of a difference.

You have 4 pokemon that are weak to Ground, 2 to Fighting, and Rock may also give you some problems.

Is this for ingame or person-to-person, may I ask...?
It's person to person bro.

Also, there is no such thing as HP ice for Typhlosion. And Immunity as a special ability for Snorlax only negates poison while Thick Fat lowers my chance of losing to pokemon that have ice and fire moves. Besides, if I get poisoned, I'll just use Rest and Sleep Talk so that Snorlax isn't supseptable to having a status change.

I appreciate all of the other advice that you gave me and I'll take your comments under heavy consideration. Thanks Zook!

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Enlighten me as to how you managed to get Agility on Tyranitar please. Either way, Salac and speed boosters are redundant. Even if Tyranitar could learn Agility, which I am almost sure it can't, Dragon Dance is generally a better choice. The standard 4th slot is usually a status preventer, aka Taunt/Sub. The only things Fighting can do more against than the other 2 are BlissLax, in which case it wouldn't need a super effective to kill them anyway. HP [Flying] can be an option in the 4th slot as well because Breloom, and to a lesser extent Hera laughs at your other 2 moves and can cause some problems. Without Sub/Taunt, though, Weezing causes some problems, as does Blissey.
Lugia doesn't need Featherdance unless it has a -def for attacking on both ends of the spectrum, which it shouldn't be doing. Take out Featherdance and Psychic for Recover/Toxic/Whirlwind. Pick 2 and be annoying in general.
EQ/Rock Slide/Meteor Mash/Agility if you want Agiligross. Explosion over Agility if you want CB. Simple. Gengar gets OHKOed by anything and you're not going to stay in on Dusclops, so Shadow Ball's not a very good choice. Psychic is acceptable for surprising Weezings, but I don't think 1 special attack is should warrant any EV/nature split, so if you're going mixed sweeper, might as well add Thunderpunch for Gyarados. Light Screen serves no useful purpose I can see except for maybe walling Zapdos. If that's the case, just Rock Slide.
Take out Hyper Beam on Typhlosion for either HP [Grass] if you can get it, but if not, then Sub. I don't like Fire Blast. Missing when it matters most sucks, but it's viable.
Snorlax's ability is fine. What's the point of Immunity if you Restalk? Thick Fat helps with Ice Beams, even if you're not going to be taking too many. If you Restalk, you need Shadow Ball over EQ, otherwise, Gengar laughs in your face.
Interesting Jolteon, but IMO, if you're not passing on Jolteon, you shouldn't be using it. Charm and Reflect are redundant and you're not going to be doing much with Bite. Trust me, Alakazam won't get flinch haxed to death and neither is Gardevoir. I'd start with Jolteon with Tbolt/Sub/Pass/HP [Ice]. If you really don't want to pass, then I'd go with Zapdos (who can still pass) or Raikou, both of whom do everything Jolteon can except Baton Pass. Except they do it 10 times better.
Like Zook said, too many common weaknesses. Might want to take out Jolteon for Zapdos, because if Lugia dies, nothing on your team can switch into EQ, CBed or not. Also, Leftovers on everything unless you want CBgross.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Oh that says Agility? I meant to put Scary Face. My fault, my fault. I'll edit that now. I'll also put my Natures down as well. I can't wait to compete online!

Lugia doesn't normally learn Featherdance except the one on Gale of Darkness does. It's a rare move and I don't want to just cast it aside.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Oh that says Agility? I meant to put Scary Face. My fault, my fault. I'll edit that now. I'll also put my Natures down as well. I can't wait to compete online!

Lugia doesn't normally learn Featherdance except the one on Gale of Darkness does. It's a rare move and I don't want to just cast it aside.
Oh okay. Either way, I'd replace it with Dragon Dance. If you want to keep it on Lugia, I suppose it's fine, but not an optimal choice. It could work if you Lugia had a -Def, +Atk/SpAtk Nature. In that case, keep the set you have right now and I guess Featherdance physical sweepers that can hurt you. It would be better with Recover though. Maybe put it over EQ.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No not really, but it sure took me a heck of a long time trying to get there correct natures. That was a hassle in itself. Thanks for the comment bro.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Hey, you got a shiny Dusclops too. Oh, and as many would have already said, a decent water move for anyone in your first team (preferably Lugia) would work well to counter your main threat - ground. However if ground moves are used by non ground types your apparent speed bashing strategy should help you get the upper hand. Overall, a good team but you should work around stopping commonly used ground moves like earthquake.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey, you got a shiny Dusclops too. Oh, and as many would have already said, a decent water move for anyone in your first team (preferably Lugia) would work well to counter your main threat - ground. However if ground moves are used by non ground types your apparent speed bashing strategy should help you get the upper hand. Overall, a good team but you should work around stopping commonly used ground moves like earthquake.
That's the best advice I've heard all day. Thanks bro!

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Don't mention it, and for the water attack, perhaps replace Lugia's earthquake with surf/hydro pump, and give earthquake to Metagross as Zook suggested. However unlike Zook, I would prefer to keep Jolteon's thunder wave as paralysis could help slow Jolteon's and possibly Typhlosion's fall (assuming their defences are their lowest stat). This could also open opportunities for moves like dragon dance, sunny day, featherdance and light screen while your opponent struggles with speed reduction and the loss of some turns. Again though, watch out for ground types in this situation, especially those with lightningrod ability.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I want to change Lugia's Earthquake to Hydro Pump, but then I would get owned by electric pokemon. I'm trying to patch up all of my pokemon's weaknesses here, but I still will take Lugia's whole entire moveset into consideration.

Can you please rate my second team M.Master? You seem to know what your talking about.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
If you are in a double battle then you wouldn't have to worry about thunder when you have an earthquake pkmn out. However in a single battle perhaps hydro pump works better in place of your psychic, as you have other moves to repel fighting and poison types already.

As for team 2, there aren't too many faults, but you don't really need protect that much, as only one pkmn has earthquake. So replace at least one with a different type HP move that you think may be useful against a specific enemy. Also dark types can be a threat to half of your party, so I suggest you throw Brick Break in somewhere. And I don't really think a Shell Bell suits your Dusclops, maybe replace it with a quick claw so you can get some condition affecting moves in. That's pretty much all I can see wrong with team 2, it's pretty good to me.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Pretty sweet advice there M. Master. Thanx a billion!
Also, I let my Milotic have Protect instead of Recover cause of how slow she is. Protect + Leftovers= an adaquate amount of energy back. That's all.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Pretty sweet advice there M. Master. Thanx a billion!
Also, I let my Milotic have Protect instead of Recover cause of how slow she is. Protect + Leftovers= an adaquate amount of energy back. That's all.
Be careful when using protect though. If the opponent realizes you have it, they can anticipate it and then use that opportunity to use a set up move such as substitute or swords dance. And then you are in trouble.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Be careful when using protect though. If the opponent realizes you have it, they can anticipate it and then use that opportunity to use a set up move such as substitute or swords dance. And then you are in trouble.
I'll be sure to keep that in mind bro. I'll try to psych them out when I use it.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Just a quick question how do you use these teams, like is one for singles and one for doubles? I could probably help out a little better if I know how you like to battle.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Just a quick question how do you use these teams, like is one for singles and one for doubles? I could probably help out a little better if I know how you like to battle.
These teams are stronger in double battles. That's where they excel the most; however, I do use them in single battles sometimes.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
OK, I have this one idea, it's a risky one and just thought of it on the spot. If it's not too late, see if you can get your Dusclops to have imprison and 3 moves that are super effective on Shedinja and are commonly used like flamethrower etc. If this works you could begin the battle with Shedinja and Dusclops, imprison their super effective attacks and start double teaming with shedinja so you can avoid unextpected attacks. To be honest, this isn't the greatest strategy but if you know your opponents team well, it can work well.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'll have the move tutor teach Imprison to my Dusclops. Wow, you're like "Advanced Pokemon Guide" boss!
Nah, I just have alot of spare time... anyway sorry to disturb you but imprison is an egg move, not a move tutor one unfortunately. Speaking of egg moves, it's too bad your Grumpig didn't have trick. The Choice Band- Trick combo would have been nice on your Grumpig. Unless you are able to get that move the same way you would get imprison. Are you by any chance familiar with that combo?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I've only seen Alakazam and Kecleon use the Trick/Choice Band combo. I forgot that Grumpig could even learn it. Also, I caught my shiny Dusclops out in the wild so of course naturally it won't have Imprison. Of course, I could breed it with my Gardevoir with my Dusclops, thus in me getting Imprison, but I don't even feel like raising another one. Besides, my shiny Dusclops has a great nature.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Man I envy you shade your pokemon kick butt while mine suck. *sniff* by the way whats this combo you guys are talkin bout. whoa I just noticed roy is everywhere in this thread................yea! Whats your Dusclops nature?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
We're talkin about a combination that he'd advise me to use with my Dusclops & my Shedinja. It was to imprison all super effective moves against Shedinja. It would work, but since I caught my shiny Dusclops in the wild it will not have Imprison as a move naturally. *sigh* Looks like I'll have to think of something else.....

Oh, and my Dusclops has a Brave nature Vatiel.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Oh Shade, you're back! I was looking through your team again recently, and thought your Milotic is kind of letting your second team down. As cool as the move Mirror Coat is, I don't think Milotic will last long enough defensively to use it. In its place you could teach toxic or attract, or a recent fave of mine, mimic (move tutor). Some might hate mimic because you don't always know what your opponent will use, but an interesting fact rookies aren't aware of is that you can mimic your allied pkmn's move, like confuse ray which could frustrate the enemy if both of your pkmn use CR at the same time. Oh and you are pretty lucky to have a brave shiny Dusclops. My shiny Dusclops is careful :/

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey Meteor! What's up bro?

Hmmm.....looks like your batting a thousand bro! Using Mimic on my partners moves is an awesome idea. Not only can I copy Confuse Ray, but I can also copy Leech Seed from one of my fellow Grass pokemon. Sweetness! Your advice is golden.

I've got another question. If someone on my team used Role Play or Skill Swap to take away my Shedinja's Wonder Guard, if they get hit with a super effective move, will they faint with one hit? I have yet to try this.....

And yeah I'm pretty lucky to have a shiny brave Dusclops.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Wonder Guard blocks Role Play and Skill Swap. Aka you won't be able to copy it. You can only take it with the ability Trace, which makes Porygon 2 a prime Shedinja counter, as no normal person would have anything Fighting on Shedinja, and you essentially end up with a Porygon 2 that's immune to everything except Fighting attacks/Leech Seed/Status/Sandstorm/Hail. You can still be Roared or Whirlwinded though.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
You summed it up nicely, outofdashdws. Status effecting moves are commonly used these days too, so Shedinja may not be a good choice around a few other pokemon like Shuckle and Umbreon.

Shedinja's special attack isn't its strong point, so is there a special reason you gave it solarbeam, I would suggest another annoying move for it, to be used on pkmn that can't hurt Shedinja but are harmful to others in your team - Spite. Don't you hate it when you can't beat something but its attacks have the edge in battle? Spite 'em I say. It's a very overlooked move and is pretty good for Shedinja considering your foe may waste turns attacking your allied pkmn instead. My spiting Shedinja is partnered with a Togetic that has huge defences and follow me.(you know the result).

PS: Sorry to brag but my Kecleon and Kingdra are unstoppable, trust me you will want a duo like this!!:
Kecleon Tricks the choice band to the enemy and Kingdra disables the move so they must use struggle. When they are near defeat, I take the choice band back and use it on the next helpless victim!!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I'll just have my Hariyama use Knock Off on Kecleon or whoever I decide to team Hariyama with. Problem solved.

I let Shedinja have Solarbeam just for the heck of it, because his Return ability can run circles around just about any pokemon.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Oh, I get it. But still, it would be wise to keep a good move that can be used in many special circumstances, unlike solarbeam which I doubt would ever be useful to Shedinja.

Also, whenever you have time could you update your first post. I just seem to have trouble keeping up with your changes.

Knickknacks

Smash Journeyman
Found- in Fire Red
Held Item: Hard Stone
Moves: Rock Slide, Earthquake, Dragon Dance, TAUNT/ROAR

Moves: Earthquake/ICE BEAM, Aeroblast, Featherdance/RECOVER, Psychic

Found- in Emerald
Moves: Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash, Psychic/THUNDERPUNCH OR ICEPUNCH, Light Screen/EARTHQUAKE

Moves: Thunderpunch, Fire Blast/OVERHEAT, FOCUS PUNCH, Sunny Day/SUBSTITUTE

Special Ablity: Thick Fat
Moves: Shadow Ball, Sleep Talk/RETURN, Rest, Earthquake/RETURN

Moves: Charm/AGILITY, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Bite/SUBSTITUTE

Shade's Second Super Team

Name: Tauros
Found: In Leaf Green
Held Item: Scope Lens
Special Ablity: Intimidate
Moves: Body Slam/RETURN, Fissure/EARTHQUAKE, Rock Slide, Swords Dance

Name: Grumpig
Held Item: Twistedspoon
Special Ablity: Own Tempo
Moves: Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Psychic, Calm Mind

Name: Dusclops *shiny*
Found: In Ruby
Moves: Will o Wisp, Ice Beam/PAIN SPLIT/SEISMIC TOSS, Shadow Ball/REST, Confuse Ray

Name: HEntei :D
Found: In Fire Red
Moves: Rock Slide, Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Earthquake

Name: Shedinja
Held Item: Spell Tag
Special Ablity: Wonder Guard
Moves: Shadow Ball, Return/SILVER WIND, Solarbeam/CONFUSE RAY, Double Team

Name: Milotic
Special Ability: Marvel Scale
Moves: Mirror Coat/TOXIC, SURF, Ice Beam, RECOVER

Uhh hows this?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Only some of those moves I'll consider especially Silver Wind for Shedinja. Hey, there any way in the world for Shedinja to learn Signal Beam?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Endure is only prolonging its death = bad.

I would only recommend some of those moves:

Lugia-Recover
Metagross-Thunderpunch
Typhlosion-Overheat

And for Shedinja, Silver Wind is an egg move unfortunately, I'd replace it with maybe Fury Cutter or Aerial Ace

I'd go into my reasons a bit more detailed but when I went to post it last time the computer logged me out for some unknown reason.....

Top Bottom