• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SH Side-B

Bouse

Smash Ace
Okay I did this by accident during training mode. I went to do a reverse aerial rush (I b-stick), and for some reason I decided to hit forward on the c-stick immediately after hitting back. The result was a short hopped side special only inches above the ground. I have not been able to recreate it, Zamus doesn't want to stay close to the ground. I'm not entirely sure but I think if we go insane enough our specials might be just that much more useful. To be honest if it was a fluke, and not replicated by one of the better players I'm just going to switch back to smash on my c-stick.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I short hop the Side B all the time without B sticking..

Bouse

Smash Ace
Bah, I still use tap jump <_<; it screws me so bad. But everytime I try to switch back to the y button I always find myself off the edge wondering "HOLY CRAP WHY CAN'T I JUMP?!" Nine years of training has that annoying reflex built in. The thing I was also wondering would be if we can short hop the aerials from a reverse aerial rush (done w/o a c-stick) if we set our normal attacks to the C-stick.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Turn off your tap jump :p it'd help you do her tilts better too.
I know how you feel about the tap jump as I was used to in N64 and Melee. Turning it off = great for ZSS.

I short hop her aerials with the C-stick because it's quick and easy as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnPh7CEYOug&fmt=18
You can see it in this battle though it isnt me playing(though I was the one who SD'd)
TFuse a Smashboards user here(CrimsonJassic) Was playing against my Buddy Light in this battle.

He short hops quite alot.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Oh btw, I wanted to start recording my games but for some reason it won't do it for some matches. Is there a time limit or something?

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I use a capture device called a gamebridge so there is no limit for me :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
SH is the way you should do most of your Plasma Whip attacks.

Top Bottom