• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SH Double fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiSCO

Smash Rookie
I know the same thread has been made numerous times, but I can't get it down. I'm hoping that by creating another thread, new advice will be given which could be of some help.

I watch videos of people like Ken and Kizzu, and they get two complete fair animations out of their sh, but when I do a sh double fair I barely eek out the second one. I don't get the same 'rising' effect on the first fair.
I cannot find the timing. For the life of me.
It's incredibly frustrating to me. I can combo decently as it is, and I've got shffl'ing down, but I just CANNOT sh double fair.

Any tips or advice are appreciated.
I've tried using Z, I almost always jc grab, and I've tried using c-stick, A then c-stick, etc, but the c-stick is just too much of a movement. The only time I've even come close to a perfect sh double fair was when I used the 'claw' style of holding the controller, where you place your index finger over Y. It was very inconsistent and hindered my play a great deal, however.

Ah well. Tips and stuff would be great.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
go to training mode, turn the speed to 1/4.

practice it
repeat in 1/2 speed...

practice it
repeat in x1...

then, when you can do it there, start trying to do it in x1.5 and x2.. it'll get easier. its all timing

Tyson651

Smash Lord
otherwise, just use the x button to jump, and a button to slash, and just do ur rising fair, and just use 1 a to try and time the 2nd one, keep practicing and ull get the timing, then ull get the speed of it.

things dont come easy, so practice, practice, practice!

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
practice, practice, practice!
Yeah, I think the above quote is all you need to know.

Anyways, it's easy to hold the controller regularly and do it. C-stick and A button are both equally easy to use. Just don't fast fall after the first fair or you won't be able to get the second one off.

Again, just practice. There isn't much more anyone can tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom