• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFU Melee/Brawl Tournament - Burnaby BC, Canada- Jun 21, 08

Trozz

Smash Ace
Having both Brawl and Melee going on at the same time will be hectic. Should be fun. I really hope I can get some friendlies in... unlikely. Thanks for the clarification unityole.

My usual doubles partner isn't coming. Anyone need a partner for doubles in Brawl?

OlliMaru

Smash Rookie
i don't have a partner for doubles. Although I don't really ever play doubles....up to you wether you wanna team up but I am free!

Rampage

vx
Ok well since evan will be back I guess we should do what we did last time to get my tv up there .

Man that will give us 5 tvs? Bwmat bring one too plz kthx

unityole

Smash Lord
Ok well since evan will be back I guess we should do what we did last time to get my tv up there .

Man that will give us 5 tvs? Bwmat bring one too plz kthx
i still have his TV at sfu.. :( i donno how to get to his house by bus.
what i see on map there are 2 como avenue/drive i donno which is which.
all he tell me is that he ask me if i know the superstore /church by the bus stop, and NO i dont cause i dont llive there..

Bwmat

Smash Ace
Ok, I might come until ~3.
jack, i suppose you might as well keep my tv until saturday, i'll have evan bring it back or something after the tourney.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Ok, awesome. I won't get horribly lost like last time.

Can we have the Brawl and the Melee events not happening at the exact same time? Or is one starting before the other? OP just says 'doubles start at 11' but I don't know if that's for both games or just one. Prolly Melee first since Brawl matches can take forever.

Rampage

vx
Ok, awesome. I won't get horribly lost like last time.

Can we have the Brawl and the Melee events not happening at the exact same time? Or is one starting before the other? OP just says 'doubles start at 11' but I don't know if that's for both games or just one. Prolly Melee first since Brawl matches can take forever.

That's not even the biggest problem with having brawl first. Everybody knows that brawl just kills your melee game, having them both go on at the same time isn't good...But Time is an issue so w.e

Trozz

Smash Ace
I'll show up at 11am anyway, even though I'm not entering any Melee tournies. I'll do some Melee friendlies if someone wants some free wins.

unityole

Smash Lord
I'll show up at 11am anyway, even though I'm not entering any Melee tournies. I'll do some Melee friendlies if someone wants some free wins.
melee and brawl doubles will start at the sametime, even though it'll be hard to get games done, but thats how i planed it anyway.

people, help me out with the TVs + SETUPS.
as of now we've only got 3 TVs in lounge, and maybe Meta bringing his TV thats about it.
PLEASE HELP OUT!

Edit: the tourney is TOMORROW, anyone who can bring TV and/or Setups please bring it. I will force to cancel some events if we don't have enough TVs/Setups to run the tourney. so HELP OUT PLEASE.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Eh. My TV is massive and it's a long walk from the parking lots to the room. But I miiiight bring the setup (TV + Wii/Brawl) since it means I'll be able to get more games in.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I'll challenge people to random vs random matches if anyone has got the guts for that. I've still got no doubles partner for Brawl, but I'll probably find one when I get there. Hopefully.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
god****it! i cant come guys >___> my friends birthday is on saturday, and im gonna go, sorry guys >__>

unityole

Smash Lord
Eh. My TV is massive and it's a long walk from the parking lots to the room. But I miiiight bring the setup (TV + Wii/Brawl) since it means I'll be able to get more games in.
i can help you carry the TV from parking lot to the room if you're bringing your TV.
i do hope that there are more TVs for everyone to use for tourney/friendlies, so please if it's possible plz do bring it, and when you're here call me.

my # is 604 722 7798

Trozz

Smash Ace
Confirm me! I'm gunna lug my beasty TV over. I'll definitely need help, either to carry the Wii/Sensor/Wii mote, or half of the TV. I'll phone you when I get there.

edit: TV + Wii + Brawl. No GC or Melee. I'll probably be playing all my matches on it.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
i havent heard from my ride for awile, soo... iono im kinda sitting here not wanting to phone his house at 1 am XD, so im possibly not coming XD

Metà

Smash Master
Jack, which events start first? There was a little change in schedule for me, and I won't be there until around 2 pm. -_-

I'll bring my TV and GCN though. The only event I really care about entering is Melee singles and possibly other Melee events (translation: I don't give two sh*ts about Brawl LOL).

Top Bottom