• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFL Smashfest at Gorilla Games

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Just had our first fest/tourney. Went pretty well. Keeping this thread alive for the next one.

*Will update this thread later on

1337pengwin

Smash Rookie
I have 3 TVs I'm considering, just gotta figure out which I could bring. Weight vs screen size, but I definitely could bring a tv. Could also bring a Wii.

And yeah, I'm interested.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
yo mnm been a while (DFEAR), go post this **** in fl social/fl power ranking

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Yeah so uh...we actually went ahead and set this up yesterday (Saturday 9/3). I figured not many people would be interested here on Swf so I kind of left you guys hanging :/

But this one went pretty well. It was more of a hang out/smashfest thing with a small tourney in the middle. We probably had about 15 people in total throughout the day come and play for fun and 9 people signing up for the tourney, which was supposed to be a Free For All but turned into 1v1 matches. Most were casual players but there were some competitive players there. The prize was in store credit and will most likely continue being in store credit. The TVs were LCDs (I brought a couple tube TVs but nobody wanted to play on them) but the lag wasn't too bad.

All in all it turned out to be pretty good tourney/fest considering this was our first one and we were scrambling last minute to make flyers, get chairs, tables and TVs. They seemed happy about how it went and would want to have another one at some point. Maybe once a month or something like that. But yeah I'll keep you guys updated from now on.

*Edit- This was mainly a Brawl event but we had a Melee setup

MnM

Smash Journeyman
Well I posted this about 2 weeks before the tourney and checked this thread regularly but didn't see much interest in it so I just stopped checking it. Now I know I should've posted the full details before making any assumptions and for that I'm sorry.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I sure didn't see this... then again I don't look at tourny threads unless 2 things. Its posted in a thread that has alot of people talking.... or You name search bomb. DO WHAT YOU GOTTA DO TO GET DAH PEOPLE IN!!!!!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
^What Kyon said lol

You also should've made an actual tournament listing. The only reason I believe people didn't see this thread is because you posted it in Atlantic South discussion, which people do not look at nowadays. In the future go here http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51&prefixid=AtlSouth and make a thread for your tournaments or smashfests.

Also having a set-up for one game doesn't really consistute it being in the thread title lol. I'm just pointing that out because it might be misleading for players of that other game. Only put the game in the thread title if you intend for it be ran as an event(well for tournies. If these are just fests then it's alright).

In the future when you get more people and run tournaments, tube TVs will be prefered. The LCDs probably aren't too bad if you guys are just having fests though. I'm glad there's a good crowd up in Palm Beach. You guys should work on having regular events. The rest of SFL would be glad to come when you guys starting having tournaments.

:rosalina:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
very ddyyck mnm. not sayin anythin so none of us show up. gettin all dat money for u eh?

oh oh OH its time...

MnM

Smash Journeyman
very ddyyck mnm. not sayin anythin so none of us show up. gettin all dat money for u eh?

oh oh OH its time...
You got me ;)

Nah but I originally planned for this to be a Smashfest but a few days before the 3rd Gorilla Games wanted to have a Free For All tournament in the middle of the day along with free play. At that point I had already stopped checking Swf. But only 9 people signed up for it so it just turned into a 1v1 tourney.

Plus Xaltis knew about it. He probably would've won if he went

Top Bottom