• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setting up Arcthunder?

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
What's the best way to do it without randomly projectile-mashing it like Elthunder and Arcfire?
You only have to hit the B Button twice for any Thunder Variant other than Thoron. Also, Arcfire is not a projectile mash. It is a simple push of the B Button(or whatever you have it set to).

If you want to go into situations, Arcthunder is useful mainly when the enemy is around close or mid-range, which is where Robin is vulnerable whenever he casts Arcfire(since they can go under and get in). If the opponent shields Arcthunder, that is a free set-up for a grab(unless they move their shield forward intentionally and DI out of one hit of Arcthunder to get out); grabbing out of Arcthunder however is impossible at Long range.

Dathx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dathx77
I think he meant "projectile spam".

I normally use it to cover my landing if my opponent is nearby. You can do this somewhat offensively with a b-reversal or just hopping toward your opponent and shooting. If your opponent is aggressive then hop backwards and Arcthunder if they come at you, or Arcfire if they don't. You want to use it so that if it connects (shield or not), they're close enough to follow with a grab reliably.

It can definitely be MU dependent, there's a few MUs where I never Arcthunder, and a few where I spam it randomly.[/quote]

Last edited:

Ultimastrike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ultimastrike
3DS FC
0473-8335-5555
I think he meant "projectile spam".

I normally use it to cover my landing if my opponent is nearby. You can do this somewhat offensively with a b-reversal or just hopping toward your opponent and shooting. If your opponent is aggressive then hop backwards and Arcthunder if they come at you, or Arcfire if they don't. You want to use it so that if it connects (shield or not), they're close enough to follow with a grab reliably.

It can definitely be MU dependent, there's a few MUs where I never Arcthunder, and a few where I spam it randomly.
[/quote]

...Arcthunder can't be spammed. If you're looking at projectile spam(albeit limited) Thunder and Elthunder are the best options for that. Also a note: Thunder Tome is not reversible; it can turnaround, but it is NOT a B-Reversal.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I like to use Arcthunder at close range. Just outside of melee range of the opponent. Making sure they can't flinch you with their own projectiles, use it when they get close. If they shield it, grab em. If they don't shield it...grab em.

Dathx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dathx77
@ Ultimastrike Ultimastrike :

Unless I've been miss-informed, B-reversal keeps your momentum, but applies it in the opposite direction. Thunder Tome definitely does this, its just not as obvious due to Robin's slow speed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom