• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setting R as jump

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
To those that use R as their shield button, use L in place of R.

Immediate SH phantasming is a tough thing to do when you only have one finger to do both the jump and the pressing of A. That's why it's so much more advantageous to set R as jump in the control settings option menu. You will be able to do it perfectly and spam it, without worrying about accidentally hitting A.

Anyways, just wanted to tell you guys that setting one of your shield buttons as jump really helps for this maneuver. Carry on with your falconeering.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
This is merely preference. I simply switch to the infamous 'claw' position I learned in melee. This way, I can press Y with my index finger and immediately phantasm with my thumbs.

The Idealist

Smash Cadet
haha "claw" but yeah i use L to shield anyway, so i never press R for anything. I might try this, thanks anyway though.

Top Bottom