• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Set ups for jab locking?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
What are some good/easy setups for jab locks with bjr?

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Easiest setup is pushing them off a platform with a nair from below. Not really any amazing setups for this, especially since he doesnt have any other guaranteed trips.

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Using koopa drift(custom side b2) hitting an opponent and jump canceling it has little enough kb for a potential missed tech leading to a jab lock followed by a semi charged up/side smash for the kill.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
Here's something I found. I want to say it's a combo but I'm not too familiar with bowser jr so I'll call it a string.

While holding a mechakoopa, side b -> SH footstool -> throw down the mechakoopa -> fastfall -> SH footstool -> fast fall -> sour nair -> ???

You need to hit them with the koopa when they go into the flopping animation upon landing from your footstool. This launches them up into your second footstool, which won't go as high as your first and let's you follow up into sour nair.

The reason I'm hesitant to call this a combo is that I've never seen anything about side b combining into footstool and the explosion from the mechakoopa seemed to miss sometimes.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
side b combos into footstool until like, 9% and then it'll never connect.

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
side b combos into footstool until like, 9% and then it'll never connect.
Oh I guess you're right.

Still, you could do worse than starting a match with a 30- 40% combo. And if you happen to footstool someone with a mechakoopa in hand (yeah I know it won't happen often), this is your best option.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
If you do the first footstool without the mechakoopa you can drop your up b fast enough to still get 40ish%. Timing is extremely tight though.

Top Bottom