• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Set the PJ64k frame rate?

Horbie

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know if there's a way to set the pj64k frame rate?
And I don't mean activate the limiter so it stays at 60-ish or deactivate the limiter so it shoots up really fast. Is there a way to adjust something so that when I click the limiter it'll lock the frame rate at like 45-ish, or 30-ish depending on what I've adjusted?

I've been doing some looking around online, and I haven't been able to find anything yet, but it seems like something that shouldn't be terribly difficult to do, since there's already a frame rate limiter.

I'm hoping to use this to practice tech skills at a slow speed and gradually speed up to the full frame rate (more gradually than training mode allows you to do). I'm gonna keep looking around, and I'll post here if I find anything, but if anyone know's of how to do this or a place to start that'd be super helpful.

Mupen64Man

Smash Rookie
I know of a great N64 emulator that can change speed, and it happens to be my namesake. If you look for Mupen64 Re-recording on google, I would recommend using that, it has a slider that you can set to customize the frame rate, it can use the graphics plugin of Project64 1.6 no problem, as well as the input, audio, ect.

Horbie

Smash Cadet
Thank you. It works great. The sound gets super creepy sounding, but that is very much a non-issue.

Extra awesome, cause it was looking like the solution for PJ64k was to write my own plug-in.

Horbie

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure it's the plugin. The sound just plays in little regular speed packets with gaps of silence in between.

Top Bottom