• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Servers

blue_k

Smash Rookie
I'm extremely sorry, I'm new here (though not new in ssb).

I'm reading all about people playing others, and I've seen server forums (like EGX) but I can't figure out how do I play over the net (how does it work). Can someone help with this technical stuff, I looked in all the *Read this before posting* threads, I couldn't find anything that would help me in the technical department...

Sorry for being a newb, I'm sure were there too...

_kSo_

Smash Master
What are you talking about it's right there on the first page in big letters "Playing online" in the thread *Please read here before posting*

i don't understand how you could have missed it :laugh:

in anycase, heres a direct link

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
I'm extremely sorry, I'm new here (though not new in ssb).

I'm reading all about people playing others, and I've seen server forums (like EGX) but I can't figure out how do I play over the net (how does it work). Can someone help with this technical stuff, I looked in all the *Read this before posting* threads, I couldn't find anything that would help me in the technical department...

Sorry for being a newb, I'm sure were there too...
The Kaillera protocol is a third party implementation into Emulators (usually open sourced emulators have a Kaillera version), it is a universal protocol and works by sending controller data to the Kaillera Client which then sends the data to the server. The Kaillera Client will wait until the server sends back a message containing each players controller data in a numeric order. (this is why slow pc's lag games) The emulator then takes this data and splits it apart and dictates which controller has what buttons on/off.

It is a clientside net mod, which has its flaws in which games that are played using this protocol are not written with Network play in mind, common errors are desynch which is mostly caused by a single frame difference, and a frame based event (tornado in hyrule).

Top Bottom