• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serious Sam moveset for the next Smash

Placebo Effect

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=5216]Serious Sam moveset for the next Smash[/drupal]

I don't think it's gonna happen but I've been thinking of a moveset for Serious Sam in the next Smash recently. The one from the classics or HD remakes with a few weapons and sayings from the other games.

About Serious Sam: Sam "Serious" Stone is the main character in a series of first person shooters developed by Croteam, a large indie game developer that started off with only 4 workers. His first game was Serious Sam: The First Encounter for PC and he has had games on the Gamecube, PS2, Gameboy Advance, Xbox, and Xbox 360. His most recent appearance was in Serious Sam 3: BFE released a few months ago. His games' main focus is fighting large amounts of enemies at once, so there is no health regen or weapon limit. One of Sam's biggest strengths is his mobility, which lets him run circles (literally) around most enemies. I want this to play a big part in this moveset while still trying to keep his aggressive gameplay and style.

Serious Sam from the HD remakes standing on a male Gnaar.

These are just a couple ideas I had, I thought some of them were pretty cool so yeah. :p

Intro: Appears from the Timelock like in the beginning of The First Encounter and says "Ready for battle!" or another random quote (maybe also taking his environment into account?) like "Line up! I'm offering free tickets to hell!", "Man it's cold, my nipples are like pencil erasers.", "We can do this the hard way, or my way... they're basically the same thing.", etc.

Specials:
U: Flies upwards using his hoverboard, able to be knocked off of it but it can't be picked up (ok maybe it's throwable). Does a small amount of damage if he runs into somebody.
N: MK-III Grenade Launcher, spammable but doesn't go far without a charge (also much slower rate of fire than in the games, more like the speed of it in The Next Encounter, which is about 1 1/4 per second with no charge), Sam is able to grenade jump with them without taking much hitstun, and direct hits are stronger than explosions, especially when fully charged. Grounded grenades won't blow up when touched (?). The explosions also do more damage and get a slightly bigger blast radius the more they're charged to make the weapon less campy.
F: XPML 21 Rocket Launcher. Rockets move about as fast as Samus' smash missiles but have slightly less range and power due to Sam actually having a fall speed so he can ground-cancel them better.
D: C-4 Demolition Charge. Instead of being like Snake's, Sam can throw these and change the distance and trajectory of them. They also have a smaller explosion. SS3.

Jab: Two knife slashes and a kick.

Tilts:U: Swings the P-Lah chainsaw over his head in a fast, medium-sized arc.
F: Single shotgun, able to be tilted diagonally.
D: Slashes just above the ground with the knife, can spike. Ok range due to the his arm length, doesn't slash right next to him.

Aerials:
U: Fires the Double-Barrel Coach Gun straight upwards. Has no real sweetspot or sourspot.
N: Does a quick diagonal spin with the chainsaw.F: XOP Flamethrower, decent range, multi-hits, and is a flamethrower. Either this or the Tommygun.
D: Fires the Double-Barrel straight down, can spike at the sweetspot (closer towards the barrels), has an "A" shaped hitbox. Also stalls Sam in midair for a bit.
B: Fires the Single Shotgun behind him. Fast but can also kill.

Grab/Pummel/Throws:
Grab: Grabs with the Sirian Mutilator, decent range, can't be used in midair (just seems weird).
Pummel: While holding them, punches them in the face, medium-ish pummel. (meh I dunno)
U: Spins them on the minigun like Voldo from Soul Calibur as it warms up, then shoots them and they fly up and slightly forwards.
F: Throws them forwards (slightly diagonal, can be used for setting up for gimps) and fires a few shots from the XL2 Lasergun, which will push them backwards slightly further (set knockback).
D: Stomps them on the ground with his foot, then shoots at them 3 times with one of his revolvers.B: Throws them backwards diagonally, kicks them, and fires 3 shots from one of his revolvers (Tommygun?) (they will always hit, and will also pierce targets in the way of them) If it's the Tommygun version not all the shots will hit since there will be more bullets, and he will hold the Tommygun in one hand.

Getup attacks:
From back: Kicks in front and slashes at his other side.
From front: Gets both revolvers out and fires them simultaneously while standing up very quickly.
From ledge: Slashes at the ground in front of the ledge.
From ledge at >100%: Uses his chainsaw instead of his knife, slightly slower and less priority, as with any other getup attack at this %.

Smashes:
U: Fires the flamethrower straight into the air in a burst slightly bigger than him, good knock back but not that great for killing, better for damaging.
F: Double-barreled shotgun straight forwards, mysteriously has slightly more range than the Dair.
D: Spins around with the chainsaw diagonally towards the ground, multi-hits but also has ok knockback. Knockback is placed where the smash ends (of course), so it all links.

Final Smash: Either the Serious Bomb or the SBC Cannon, the Serious Bomb would do alot of damage and possibly kill other players but they are protected in it's field as well if they're too close to Sam, the wick would have about the same timer as in the other games (about 3 seconds). The SBC Cannon would be a different moveset, like a less broken WarioMan, able to fight physically with the cannon and fire it at people. Cannon would be chargeable.) Sam's startup line with the cannon would be "Woohoo, let's go bowling!".
Serious Damage (double damage) could be an item.

Taunts:
U: Looks at the screen with the minigun and says "Let's get Serious!"
F: Nonchalantly whips out his lighter and lights it, then closes it back up, somewhat like his wait animation with a Serious Bomb in the HD remakes.
D: Dances while holding the chainsaw and singing "I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay!"

Victory animations:
1: Stands triumphantly with his minigun while saying "Am I the man or am I the man?!."
2: Says "To be or not to be, that is a Serious question." while holding the Crystal Skull.
3: Says "Well I do love to party, but I don't like to clean up the mess." while walking away from the camera.

Top Bottom