• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Serious question: should ZSS have SLIGHT jiggle physics?

Do you agree with the descriptions in the pic?

• Yes, all of them

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I agree with 1, 2 and 3, but not 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I agree with 1, 2 and 4, but not 3

• I agree with 1, 3 and 4, but not 2

• I agree with 1 and 2, but not 3 and 4

• I agree with 1 and 3, but not 2 and 4

• I agree with 1 and 4, but not 2 and 3

• I agree with 2, 3 and 4, but not 1

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I agree with 2 and 3, but not 1 and 4

• I agree with 2 and 4, but not 1 and 3

• I agree with 3 and 4, but not 1 and 2

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I agree with 4, but not the others

• I agree with 3, but not the others

• I agree with 2, but not the others

• I agree with 1, but not the others

• I don't agree with any of them

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
OK, so I mostly created this thread in order for the poll (too bad you can't post a poll in the middle of a thread), but I would also like to discuss this seriously.

So let's get the poll out of the way first, here's the relevant pic:

THIS PIC IS FOR THE POLL

Now, we all know ZSS has big boobs, and that's the topic of discussion in another thread. She also has a big butt. I know I'm bringing IRL logic to a videogame now (shame on me!), but when you DO have big boobs and buttocks, they DO jiggle.

What I mean is, I'm not asking Sakurai to implement DoA physics here. What I'm saying is that ZSS should have modest jiggle in her boobs and buttocks. Fat jiggle - there's nothing weird with that.

Likewise, there actually WAS jiggle physics in Brawl - for Wario and King Dedede. Wario's butt jiggled when he did his back throw, and Dedede's belly flopped around when he merely walked. :-P So it's not like Sakurai hasn't done this before.

Yes, of course I'm aware that even slight jiggle physics will up the sex appeal even more. But look at it from this side: if they already made her buttocks and boobs bigger, then why not go all out and give her the jiggle she's supposed to have with such a body?

Real women jiggle. I can understand why she's not jiggling (yet), they don't want to make her TOO sexy. And IRL logic can't be applies on games.

Still, I would like to hear what people here think about this.

Just to clarify, this thread is NOT about her curves in general (there's another thread for that), this thread is about possible jiggle physics.

Thank you!

She should, but I'm almost sure that they're not gonna rig any extra joints on her breasts just to give her jiggle physics. The only deformations we'll see on her breasts are sure to come from movements in the spine.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I don't know... I'm not a fan of jiggle physics. What if her suits actually maintains her breasts ? Jiggle physics seem a bit unnecessary, but that's just my opinion. It's not like they had anything to the game, gameplay wise.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
She should, but I'm almost sure that they're not gonna rig any extra joints on her breasts just to give her jiggle physics. The only deformations we'll see on her breasts are sure to come from movements in the spine.
Don't forget NamBan is the developer of Soulcalibur... they knew how to do jiggle physics at 480i on the GameCube.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Agreed with Toady. The suit looks crazy tight, I seriously don't think it would be physically possible.

Also we've sexualized Samus enough.

@ aBBYS aBBYS I know how to do jiggle physics and I'm not even out of school. However, if my boss works at Nintendo and says "no jiggle physics" then I'm not putting them. Considering Brawl, I think that's going to be the case.

Last edited:

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
@ aBBYS aBBYS I know how to do jiggle physics and I'm not even out of school. However, if my boss works at Nintendo and says "no jiggle physics" then I'm not putting them. Considering Brawl, I think that's going to be the case.
Sure, but we're not certain yet that jiggle physics are out. The Wii U game is obviously still being polished, so who knows what could happen. Plus they did have jiggle physics in Brawl.

Kind of funny they did it for Wario's butt, but not for ZSS's boobs in that game.

And I'm not sure I completely understand the sexualisation argument - she's already very sexualized. Like, are jiggly buttocks really THAT more sexual than a big booty? I don't see the logic there.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
That's my point. We don't need to go any deeper than we already have, even if it's not much more.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
That's my point. We don't need to go any deeper than we already have, even if it's not much more.
And my point is that if the developers went this way, which they have obviously done now, why just inlucde ONE half of the sex appeal, and leave out the other half that belongs to it?

If you have a butt that big, the fat is going to jiggle. King Dedede's belly jiggled in Brawl, because it looked better/more suiting.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
This would be pushing it. Doesn't matter if it would be subtle or not.

You're basically saying "Why not make her current situation worse? These other comical male characters who weren't sexualized got jiggle physics, so why not treat Samus even more like an object?"

Even if she would jiggle (which I doubt in the tight suit)... do you seriously think this is necessary? I don't really have anything else to say since I can expect how the rest of this argument would go with reasoning like that.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
After seeing all of these boobs/upskirt/etc threads, I feel as though some people might want to look to places other than Super Smash Bros for what they are looking for.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
This would be pushing it. Doesn't matter if it would be subtle or not.

You're basically saying "Why not make her current situation worse? These other comical male characters who weren't sexualized got jiggle physics, so why not treat Samus even more like an object?"

Even if she would jiggle (which I doubt in the tight suit)... do you seriously think this is necessary? I don't really have anything else to say since I can expect how the rest of this argument would go with reasoning like that.
In my eyes, jiggle physics would make the current situation better. She would be sexier, which I think is a great thing!

Well, how was it necessary to increase her butt size? Because it made her sexier, that's why. I understand that warrior fans don't like to focus on Samus's looks, but you already have regular Samus. Give us sex appeal fans what we want.

ZSS is bad enough in terms of sexualization.
Which do you think is more sexualizising - a big, plump butt with no jiggle physics or a standard booty with jiggle physics?

After seeing all of these boobs/upskirt/etc threads, I feel as though some people might want to look to places other than Super Smash Bros for what they are looking for.
I feel that some people here need to realize that people can enjoy whatever they want in Smash Bros. without being told what is correct to enjoy or not. If you're a hardcore competetive fanatic, good. If you play Smash just because a certain favourite character is in, good. If you play Smash because of sex appeal, good.

Point is, stop trying to make some reasons more legit than others. We all enjoy Smash for vastly different reasons - but we all have one thing in common - we all enjoy Smash.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Both situations are equally terrible, so neither of them are worse. They're both expanding upon her sexualization, which is unnecessary. It's not like people play ZSS for the sole fact she's sexy.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
Both situations are equally terrible, so neither of them are worse. They're both expanding upon her sexualization, which is unnecessary. It's not like people play ZSS for the sole fact she's sexy.
You may not do it, but I do. You have to respect the fact that some people, like me, see Zero Suit Samus as a sex object and want her to look as sexy as possible.

I respect that you see her as a warrior. Try to broaden your view a bit - people are different.

That being said, do you think jiggle physics are better if used for comical effects?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
You may not do it, but I do. You have to respect the fact that some people, like me, see Zero Suit Samus as a sex object and want her to look as sexy as possible.
She's absolutely supposed to be a bit of sex symbol and I think it's hilarious people are denying that.

That being said, do you think jiggle physics are better if used for comical effects?
It's always sort of comical, at least, it always seems a bit funny to me. If they add a boing sound effect, then it's 100% funny.

But, I don't see this being implemented. That suit might be tight enough to prevent it, anyway.

As for your poll, I don't agree with number one. It sounds unappealing, and to be honest, option one is the most appealing. Plus, option 4 is like buns of steel and I don't even think those would have much jiggle. Option one would have far more jiggle. Speaking realistically, of course.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Only slight boob jiggle physics cause if you gonna have breasts that big they are gonna jiggle a little or else they are gonna look really fake but it is still a kids game so probably not, but this is sakurai who in past games has given you plenty of opportunities to look up peach's dress

Last edited:

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
It's always sort of comical, at least, it always seems a bit funny to me. If they add a boing sound effect, then it's 100% funny.

But, I don't see this being implemented. That suit might be tight enough to prevent it, anyway.

As for your poll, I don't agree with number one. It sounds unappealing, and to be honest, option one is the most appealing. Plus, option 4 is like buns of steel and I don't even think those would have much jiggle. Option one would have far more jiggle. Speaking realistically, of course.
I don't think it's too tight to prevent fat jiggle - it's form fitting but it's also very flexible. Plus, this is a videogame! They can make it jiggle if they want to. :-)

Well, the poll was about the description, not if they looked sexy or not. And you sound like you think 1 has some flab... correct?

I think we may interpret them differently partly because of different culture. In Japan, 1 would definitely be seen as unhealthy fat. In the US, 1 might be seen as perfectly normal and not even plump.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Your whole argument is just demeaning to the thousands of women who will be playing this game. I mean, seriously - she's already over-sexualized, which is entirely not the point of her character. Why would you want to further that sexualization by adding jiggle physics?

And before you revert to your 'they've gone so far, so they may as well argument', I'd like to highlight what a slippery slope that is. By that token we might as well just render all of the characters entirely naked - hell, let's stick jiggle physics on for breasts/penises, too.

I really don't see how jiggle physics could possibly make a positive impact on this game - nor do I quite understand your sexual attraction to a mass of polygons. Your poll is demeaning and representative of what I can only imagine is a poor attitude towards women.

aBBYS

Smash Journeyman
Your whole argument is just demeaning to the thousands of women who will be playing this game. I mean, seriously - she's already over-sexualized, which is entirely not the point of her character. Why would you want to further that sexualization by adding jiggle physics?

And before you revert to your 'they've gone so far, so they may as well argument', I'd like to highlight what a slippery slope that is. By that token we might as well just render all of the characters entirely naked - hell, let's stick jiggle physics on for breasts/penises, too.

I really don't see how jiggle physics could possibly make a positive impact on this game - nor do I quite understand your sexual attraction to a mass of polygons. Your poll is demeaning and representative of what I can only imagine is a poor attitude towards women.
I'm always happy to argue with people, and this looks fun!

First, how is it demeaning to real women if I express how sexy Zero Suit Samus is?

Second, I understand that you don't see the positive effects of it. But I do. And I don't think I'm alone. A quick visit to 4chan shows that many other people love her sexiness.

Third, if you don't understand my attraction to a mass of polygons, would you understand my attraction to a mass of cells which makes up real people. Because your argument is on that level.

Lastly, most of my friends are women! And some of them love sexy women in games, too - because they either think they look very good, or they think it's hilarious. It's mostly feminists who think sexualization is wrong - not women in general.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This thread is fairly inappropriate and could be deemed offensive. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom