• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Sep 6, 2015] FPS 21 @ Play It Again: Melee, Project M, & Smash 64 (Concord, NC)

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman

FPS is turning 21 next Sunday! That's right the 21st installment of our bi-weekly with Melee and Project M Singles with a Smash 64 side event. Also as an extra incentive for you PM players, the winner of the Project M bracket will receive free entry to our regional coming up in October PM:Unchained. So I hope to see you all out to play some smash, enjoy the competition, or just hang out!

Schedule:
12:00-Doors Open
1:00-Melee Singles Bracket Begins
2:00-Project M Singles Bracket Begins
4:00-Lunch Break
5:00-Return From Lunch/Smash 64 Bracket Begins

Located about 15 minutes away from UNCC and practically in the same parking lot of the Concord Mills Mall this is the ideal location for all your new, retro, card, and board gaming needs. Concord Mills Blvd is directly off I-85 as well so it should be easy enough for you travelers to find. There is plenty of food in the area including Steak & Shake, Chic-Fil-A, and of course the food court in the mall. While no outside food or drink is allowed in the venue they do offer drinks and simple snacks at a very reasonable cost. Also be sure to keep your language and behavior family friendly I look forward to hosting more events here so let's show them the good side of the Smash community. It's important to note this is a high traffic area so be sure to keep that in mind when your heading to and from the event. Be sure to like and follow their Facebook page by clicking the image below.

Project M Ruleset:

For everything except the stage selection we use the Apex 2014 ruleset, including character selection and stage striking. However, we will be using a new stage list I've been working on with other TO's in the region. Since the Apex site no longer has the rules up here's a link if you are unfamiliar: PROJECT M RULESET

Project M Stage List:
This is a new stage list for PM 3.6b that we are testing out with 12 stages and 3 counter-pick stage bans. In my opinion this is the best stagelist for 3.6b right now and probably will be the standard stagelist for FPS until the NC PM panel makes their decision. Subject to change!

Green-Starter/Neutral Stages: 1-2-1 Starter Striking
These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1.
-Green Hill Zone
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Smashville
-Battlefield
-Dreamland 64

Yellow-Counter Pick Stages: 3 Counter-Pick Bans
These stages are available only after round 1 is complete.
-Wario Land
-Final Destination
-Fountain Of Dreams
-Norfair
-Bowser's Castle (alt.)

Red-Banned Stages
This should be self explanatory.
-Everything on Page 2
However, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you loose on Rainbow Cruise and you agreed to it.

Melee Ruleset:
Melee functions off the Apex ruleset. I have no problem with this and never will consider any changes. Here's a link to the rules if you are unfamiliar: MELEE RULESET

Melee Stage List
There is no changes and I don't foresee there ever being any.

Starters/Neutrals:
These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1
-Yoshi’s Story
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Dream Land

Counterpick:
These stages are available only after round 1 is complete
-Pokemon Stadium

Banned Stages
-Don't feel like typing them all so let's just say everything else
However, again, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you loose on Poke Floats and you agreed to it.

Smash 64 Ruleset:

For Smash 64 I run things slightly different then the standard Apex ruleset. I added Hyrule Castle as a Counter-Pick to have some more stage diversity. If you are unfamiliar with the basic rules of this game you can find them here: SMASH 64 RULESET

Smash 64 Stage List:
Like I said Hyrule Castle has been added to the stage list, however now having 4 available stages allows you to have 1 Counter-Pick ban but still no DSR.

Starter/Neutral Stages
These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1
-Dreamland

Counter Pick Stages
These stages are available only after round 1 is complete
-Peach's Castle
-Hyrule Castle
-Congo Jungle

Banned Stages
-Everything else
However, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you loose on Saffron City and you agreed to it.

Money Stuff:
Venue Fee-$5
-All proceeds go directly to Play It Again to help improve our gaming experience and the store.

Event Fee-$5 per tournament entry
-$5 will go into the pot for each event you enter.

Side Event-$2 per tournament entry
-Almost all side events will be $2 from now on so more people can have access to these fun tournaments. Payouts will be winner take all for 4-9 entrants and top 2 payout for 10+.

The Payout-Depending on the entrants for the event, percentages of the pot will be broken up accordingly.

<40
-1st-55%
-2nd-30%
-3rd-15%

>40
-1st-50%
-2nd-30%
-3rd-15%
-4th-5%

Final Words:
If you are in the Charlotte/Concord, or even the Carolinas area in general, come on out, have some fun, and enjoy playing some smash. If anyone was there and wants to give me any constructive criticism please let me know. I am all ears and I want to make these tournaments the best possible experience for you guys.

If you have any questions or need any information feel free to messages me on Smashboards or Frame Zero Gaming's Facebook page and be sure to follow Play It Again on Facebook. Thanks guys!

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Twisty and Vheri, you guys really need to work on learning this game. I'm listening to my match vs Farm and a lot of misinformation is coming out of your mouths.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Twisty and Vheri, you guys really need to work on learning this game. I'm listening to my match vs Farm and a lot of misinformation is coming out of your mouths.
Besides techchasing with metaknight which I disagree with(willing to test though) what else is wrong?

Top Bottom