• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 26, 2015] Calder Clash #3 - No Tech Zone (Grandville, MI)

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
calder clash 3.jpg

You know the drill.

Calder Clash is the premiere monthly Super Smash Bros. for Wii U tournament series in West Michigan. We will be hosting Smash 4 singles and doubles for $5 per bracket, plus $5 venue fee.

Don't forget to preregister, it really helps us out: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/157HFE3GQcnbwe4rZK_13Fld2abBI58VWqGW36lT2ROI/viewform?usp=send_form

2950 Prairie St SW, Grandville, Michigan 49418
11:00 AM: Singles and Doubles registration opens
12:00 PM: Doubles registration closes
12:30 PM: Doubles bracket begins
4:00 PM: Singles registration closes
4:30 PM: Singles pools begin
10:00 PM: Event concludes

Also, be on the lookout for news on some upcoming things that will be going on that I'm not allowed to get into quite yet. Stay tuned! This is going to be huge.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
About 30+ people here consistently, special guest appearance from @Zinoto at our last Calder!

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
I might be going early enough to enter doubles but don't have a partner.

I am the 2nd ranked mega man on anthers ladder, if someone needs a partner post here or pm me plz.

FREEZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hanate
I might be going early enough to enter doubles but don't have a partner.

I am the 2nd ranked mega man on anthers ladder, if someone needs a partner post here or pm me plz.
If you still need a partner I'd be up for it :pP I'm a Ness main but I play Diddy/Sheik/DK too soooo lemme know

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
So this is a monthly? Can I plan on it happening every month?
Yup! We run them toward the end of every month.
Also what type of place is it? A church, or random building or what lol?
Just a building, yeah. We've been fortunate enough to have a pretty solid venue for the last few months to host our events. They got food there you can buy and other rooms you can chill around between sets or whatever.

FREEZ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hanate
Yup! We run them toward the end of every month.

Just a building, yeah. We've been fortunate enough to have a pretty solid venue for the last few months to host our events. They got food there you can buy and other rooms you can chill around between sets or whatever.
Alright sweet sounds awesome- I'll prolly try and come every month when possible. I've been looking for locals and regionals recently and theres not much lol

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Have to work 3rd Shift tonight, so if I do have the time I won't be able to sign up until late, and even then it'll be just for singles. Won't be able to stay for the full time either, not that I expect to last long (I'm really out of practice due to working full time).

I may be a mod, but that doesn't mean I'm very good. This and the next update might be a good way to get me back in the game. lol

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Have to work 3rd Shift tonight, so if I do have the time I won't be able to sign up until late, and even then it'll be just for singles. Won't be able to stay for the full time either, not that I expect to last long (I'm really out of practice due to working full time).

I may be a mod, but that doesn't mean I'm very good. This and the next update might be a good way to get me back in the game. lol
Were you able to make it out after all? Obviously I couldn't recognize you because lol faces, but I did hear a couple did have to leave early and I wondered if you showed up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Were you able to make it out after all? Obviously I couldn't recognize you because lol faces, but I did hear a couple did have to leave early and I wondered if you showed up.
Sorry, woke up at 3pm (again 3rd Shift) and my family surprised me by dropping off my fixed car and dragging me to Art Prize a day earlier than they had planned. "shrugs"

Oh well, that just gives me another month to practice (again really out of practice). Just send me a VM or PM if anyone here wants to get some practice matches in. Did find the West Michigan Smash YT channel recently, hope to see some replays from last night (if anyone knows how far the guys from Game Changers on Northpark Ave. made it I'd love to hear lol).

The day I am able to make to it, I'll be sure to be carrying the Smashboards backpack I won a while back.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Sorry, woke up at 3pm (again 3rd Shift) and my family surprised me by dropping off my fixed car and dragging me to Art Prize a day earlier than they had planned. "shrugs"
Ahh it happens. Our resident Luigi player Adorable Knight had to leave after doubles, too, because he wanted to check out Art Prize. Maybe you spotted him without knowing it.

Oh well, that just gives me another month to practice (again really out of practice). Just send me a VM or PM if anyone here wants to get some practice matches in. Did find the West Michigan Smash YT channel recently, hope to see some replays from last night (if anyone knows how far the guys from Game Changers on Northpark Ave. made it I'd love to hear lol).
I'd be happy to play you anytime, where exactly in the West are you from? We could probably get some locals in through our Tuesday and Thursday weeklies. Are you part of our Michigan Smash 4 and/or West Michigan Smash 4 Facebook groups by chance?

John Changers did really good with his Little Mac, but he ultimately lost to me in losers bracket. He did well I'd say, always going for style points, heh. I hope he can come out more. I have the full bracket results here if you're interested in taking a peek.

The day I am able to make to it, I'll be sure to be carrying the Smashboards backpack I won a while back.
Yooo, that sounds pretty cool. I'll be able to instantly recognize you just from that alone I imagine.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
RIP|Merrick RIP|Merrick let me know when Calder Clash 4 is happening! Totally gonna try and come. Also I'm changing my tag to "Kyra"
October 17th! :) Same schedule and time, stages and stage striking procedure, however, have changed. Running seven stages now done in 2-3-1 striking order. Also, with the new events system, I'm doing away with separate threads from here on out for these and keeping all Calder Clash things here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom