• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 25, 2015] Arcadian Prime Monthly! - THIS EVENT WILL BE POSTPONED- SEE... (HIlliard, OH)

SoulPech

Smash Master

Hello Everyone,

My name is SoulPech (Colten) I will be the main TO for this series. I have been TO'ing since 2013 and I've helped cultivate the PM smash scene with @Juushichi The main purpose for this TO series is to encourage newcomers and current players to play more in hopes to get better. This will primarily be those who are not Top 10 in the PR. I have a sheet and have a list of players who will qualify/not qualify for the event. I'll list the names who do not qualify. This is gonna be a lot of fun!

SETUPS:
Please,Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Bring setups! This is one of the biggest individual factors that can make or break a smooth tournament! Less setups = Less tourney matches that can be played at once = Longer, more dragged out brackets = you are waiting more to play = less friendlies you can play = you will be sitting around longer doing nothing = NOT FUN!
THANK YOU AND BEST OF LUCK!

WHEN:
This will be a Monthly series. Please check out the date in the Title. Consensus with the group will be on Tuesday on off week of the Smash @ Packrat Series!

WHERE:
Packrat Comics
3864 Lattimer St, Hilliard, OH 43026. It's in a pocket area with a pizza place (which is amazing) (Pizza Place closed on Tuesdays) and a bar. It is near Walgreens on the opposite side.

FOOD:
There is no food served at the venue, but there are some other places to get food, like pizza and fast food joints in driving distance (Dairy Queen is a walk away)

PARKING INFO:
There is plenty of parking in front of the building. You can drive to the back of the building to load/unload. You can park literally inches away from the door (find the door labeled 3862). once you do please park in the front or in the parking lot behind the building to allow other people to use the loading area.

PRICE:
$2 Venue Fee
$5 Project M singles
$5 Smash 4 Singles

WHY IS THERE A VENUE FEE: 2 Dollars, 2 Reasons

1) To help pay for the increasing electric bill for using up electricity at their building
2) To help support Columbus Smash and increasing the scene.

SCHEDULE: (Note that this is the tentative schedule!)
6:00pm - Friendlies and Fun
6:55pm - Project M Registration
8:00pm - PM Singles Bracket Begins
12:00am- (or whenever I feel like it) Closing up shop
(Due to Time Constraint, we are just gonna do straight bracket unless otherwise)

If you will be late or have the possibility of being late , please contact me or Alfastryke ahead of time (Before 6PM the day of) If you do not and you are a no-show I will strike you from the pool/bracket and once it starts there is a HUGE possibility I will not be able to add you on. Also due to the possibility of holding up the Bracket/Pools I can not enter you in if you are going to be more than 15 min late to the event. If you are running late, even if you do contact me that does not mean I will hold up matches until you arrive. If you are holding up the tournament I will DQ (not Dairy Queen) you and I will proceed on with the tournament.

Contact Info: My Cell - 419-796-0782

PAYOUTS:
Singles < 32:

1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles > 32:

1) 55%
2) 30%
3) 10%
4) 5%

RULESET

General Rules
  • YOU MUST BE RUNNING PROJECT M 3.6b
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
  • Items are disabled.
  • Input buffer is disabled
  • All chain grabs and infinites are legal until 300%
  • Pause option is set to hold or disabled. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
  • Playing as Giga Bowser and Wario Man is banned

Stage List
Neutral Stages
  • Dreamland (64)
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Battlefield
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2

Counter-Pick Stages (2 bans)
  • Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
  • Final Destination
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Wario Ware
  • Delphino's Secret
  • Yoshi's Story (Melee)
Match Procedure
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  2. Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or second Stage Strike
  3. Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), the first player removes two(2) and the second player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  4. The players play the first match of the set
  5. Winning player of the preceding match bans three stages from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  6. The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  7. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  9. The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
  10. The next match is played
  11. Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

We also have a facebook group here if you want to become part of the group! @ AlfaStryke AlfaStryke also co running this tournament as well. If anything changes I'll notate it in the thread.

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
Reserved for TO Purposes

EDIT; THIS EVENT WILL BE ON AN INDEFINITE HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ISSUES WITH THE VENUE HAS CAUSED THIS SERIES TO POTENTIALLY BE CANCELLED OR MAKE SOME UPDATES. MORE INFORMATION TO COME

Last edited:

SoulPech

Smash Master
THIS EVENT WILL BE ON AN INDEFINITE HOLD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. ISSUES WITH THE VENUE HAS CAUSED THIS SERIES TO POTENTIALLY BE CANCELLED OR MAKE SOME UPDATES. MORE INFORMATION TO COME

SoulPech

Smash Master
After making this initial thread, we have decided to Move this event to be On Sundays At Donatos. We are collaborating with the OSU Melee Group called ROOM. The event starts at 3 and the venue is 2084 N High St. If you are interested in learning more about this series, please Join our facebook group

Mods, please lock/close this thread.

Top Bottom