• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Sep 20, 2015] Help me get a smash scene going in Phoenix Arizona! (Phoenix Arizona)

KingPingu

Smash Rookie
I've noticed a few people in the local area who would really like to get a smash scene going, especially tournaments with a prize at the end, this would probably be fueled by a small entrance fee, so the end prize would depend on the turnout.

A good amount of it would be smash 4, if not all. There was a scene here a while back, but they haven't done much since June. If anyones interested in getting one going, we could set up a place for the event, get it hyped up.

I can provide a wii u, and two wide screen TV', maybe some controllers as well. I'd really love to get one going.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I just moved to Phoenix days ago and was dying for some smash4. Although I haven't been to any smash fests ever but would love to come. In north Phoenix.

KingPingu

Smash Rookie
I just moved to Phoenix days ago and was dying for some smash4. Although I haven't been to any smash fests ever but would love to come. In north Phoenix.
That's great! One response so far. I want to have a bigger tournament, one that could suffice for the entire area of Phoenix, but we need a following to do so. I'll be sure to keep in contact with you on how the state of this goes.

KingPingu

Smash Rookie
I'd be up for it if we can get enough people for Smash 4 or Melee. It wouldn't be too far of a trip for me I'm sure.
Oh we definetley have the numbers to put a big event together, the Arizona Facebook group for smash 4 alone has 921 people. We have the numbers, alerting them is the tough part, M2K also has an apartment here and he's been doing alright in smash 4, hopeful thinking, but maybe if it gets big enough he'll show.

Logik

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I've been trying to find some Smash scene here, but I haven't really had any luck. Hopefully we can get some people together and start something, either tournaments or just general practice/friendlies.

Last edited:

KingPingu

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I've been trying to find some Smash scene here, but I haven't really has any luck. Hopefully we can get some people together and start something, either tournaments or just general practice/friendlies.
Yeah, I'm trying to go for tournaments mostly. The admins of the facebook group aren't accepting my invitation, the whole group looks a little inactive. Perhaps I'll have to start a new one....

Logik

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I'm trying to go for tournaments mostly. The admins of the facebook group aren't accepting my invitation, the whole group looks a little inactive. Perhaps I'll have to start a new one....
Really? I applied to join it today and got accepted in a few hours. That's odd.

InquitisionImplied

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yoyogamer
Oh we definetley have the numbers to put a big event together, the Arizona Facebook group for smash 4 alone has 921 people. We have the numbers, alerting them is the tough part, M2K also has an apartment here and he's been doing alright in smash 4, hopeful thinking, but maybe if it gets big enough he'll show.
M2K. Bruh.

I'll be sure to join the Facebook group.

KingPingu

Smash Rookie
Really? I applied to join it today and got accepted in a few hours. That's odd.
Really? That's so weird, are you sure it was the smash 4 group? There is also a melee and 64 one, so you might've joined that instead.

QubriK

Smash Rookie
A few questions, is there like any specific location that the locals is usually at in one place ?, or the location of where the locals constantly change?.

MAT

Smash Rookie
Do you already have a location? Or is that what you are looking for?

Top Bottom