• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Sep 14, 2015] Super Smash Mondays @ Die Hard Games! (Springfield, IL)

Central IL Smash

Smash Cadet
Weekly get together of friendlies and small tournament style play.
$3 venue fee.
Melee, PM and 3DS are the major titles, Brawl and 64 available at request.
Right now we have 4 set ups, your more than welcome to bring a full setup (CRT, system and game), however there is no discount for doing so.

Last edited:

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
Also, will Sm4sh WiiU be making an appearance, or just Sm4sh 3DS? Also, will there be any prizes for the winners of these tournaments? Thanks!

Central IL Smash

Smash Cadet
Also, will Sm4sh WiiU be making an appearance, or just Sm4sh 3DS? Also, will there be any prizes for the winners of these tournaments? Thanks!
We do not currently have a dedicated Smash 4 Wii U setup. I am looking into purchasing an HD monitor for this purpose, but as of right now, we do not have any Smash 4 Wii U setups. I would recommend joining our Facebook group to keep up-to-date on information regarding events in our area.

Most weeks, these events are just smashfests. We have run a few round robin tournaments with no entry fees and no prizes. These fests are more geared towards building the community and giving players a place to practice.

alareik

Smash Rookie
How has the melee turn out been? It's about a 2 hour commute for me. I'd like to come out but not sure if it's worth it with no tourney.

Central IL Smash

Smash Cadet
How has the melee turn out been? It's about a 2 hour commute for me. I'd like to come out but not sure if it's worth it with no tourney.
We usually get about 8-12 players on average. Two hours is a bit much for a fest, but if you are willing to make the trip, we'd love to have you.

Jed12

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1993-8294-1578
When will smash 4 3ds start becaus I have things till 11:30 am and it is about 1 hour and 20 min drive.

Central IL Smash

Smash Cadet
How often do you guys do brawl and smash 4?
We just ran our first Smash 4 bracket today, and we will continue to run it every week for the foreseeable future. As for Brawl, there has not been much interest in it. You MIGHT be able to find someone in the group who will play Brawl with you, but to my knowledge, there are no players who primarily focus on Brawl in the area.

Skyler Silbey

Smash Rookie
Are there any other smash places you know of more near Evanston? Also, is there any skill level or age limit to your entries? What do I have to do to enter, and what is the address? Sorry for so many questions... I am trying to get into the smash scene and go to my first tournament

Last edited:

Central IL Smash

Smash Cadet
https://www.facebook.com/groups/717465861667368/

That's the Chicago Smash 4 Facebook group. There are plenty of Smash 4 events in the area. The only events I have heard of that have had age limits are ones held at bars. So age isn't an issue for most events. As for skill level, any tournament would be glad to have a new player who's interested in getting better. Entering a tournament sort of depends on what the tournament organizers want. Some of them require online registration (they'll post a link to the registration in the Facebook event for their tournament), while others will let you register at the door (you just show up, pay, and play). I'm not sure exactly where the Chicago Smash 4 tournaments are held, but the people in the Facebook group will be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

You might even be able to find a few players closer to Evanston by saying something in the Facebook group.

Eugene Phillips

Smash Rookie
Do you guys have a sm4sh wii u set up? I am willing to play all smashes but I do not know what game you guys play regularly. Also can we use wireless controllers?

Last edited:

Skyler Silbey

Smash Rookie
Not the 10th but the Monday after that will you guys play smash 4? Might want to attend.. Also, how many players show up on average?

Jed12

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1993-8294-1578
there were about 20 people there but that was the largest croud
i think it would be about 15 people there on avreadge

Top Bottom