• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Senran Kagura Burst - beat'em up with bouncy butts

fbs397

Smash Cadet
Considering my other thread, I would like to create a thread about this Nintendo 3DS title:

Title: Senran Kagura Burst
Distributor (EU): Zen United
Distributor (US): XSEED
Publisher: Marvelous AQL
Developer: Tamsoft
Release date: Japan - out now, US - out now (eShop only), Europe - 28th of February

Official, European cover

Senran Kagura Burst is basically your Streets of Rage/DoubleDragon/Final Fight fix with very sexy schoolgirls. You progress from left to right (2D gameplay) and beat up all bad guys in your way. Simple enough.

There are ten different girls to choose from (no males, LOL) plus a few secret characters to unlock. All of them can transform into more powerful versions as soon as a gauge is filled. There's also another gauge representing your hidden ninpos, these attacks are very powerful but limited in numbers of use. And there's yet another clothing gauge...

See, when the girls take too much damage, their clothes rip! When this happens, the camera is sure to catch the best view possible when this happens - close-ups of their butts and boobs as they jiggle and bounce around (their butts jiggle a lot, too). When their clothes rip the second time, the girls are usually down to their panties and bras.

As you progress further into the game, you'll learn a lot of backstory because the game is part action and part visual novel. You'll also get a lot of experience points which translates into new combos, more health etc. The most important combos are done mid-air; you can lock the enemy mid-air and keep combo them for a good while which is very satisfying!

Of course, Senran Kagura Burst is most famous for its girls and their sex appeal. All girls except one of them have huge boobs (poor little Mirai is flat chested, which the game makes fun of in various ways) which jiggle like jello. Most of them also have very wobbly butts (Mirai's butt wobbles more than her boobs, for example) which makes you question if they have ever gone to the gym. Probably not. Oh wait, it's just a game. :-P

Here's the official, European trailer:

In Sweden, Senran Kagura Burst has already reached the top of the pre-order charts for 3DS games for one of Sweden's biggest game-related retailers. In the UK, it's constantly on top three among pre-ordered 3DS games. It's popular, with more pre-orders than games like Yoshi's New Island.

Are people here to uptight and prudish to enjoy this kind of game? Or are there fans of Senran Kagura Burst here too?

Oh, and before you call me a "pervert"... what do you call people who only buys games for violence? That's right, there's no equivalent words for those people. But for people who buys games for sex appeal, there's a degrading word for them... that's interesting, to say the least.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
While I like this game for what it is (life and hometown) I'm going to be honest and say you sound like a major **** by incorporating all sorts of shots at people who don't like these types of games. Like you said...it's just a game. Leave the strong anti-feminist sentiments at the door.

ikaruga best girl

fbs397

Smash Cadet
While I like this game for what it is (life and hometown) I'm going to be honest and say you sound like a major **** by incorporating all sorts of shots at people who don't like these types of games. Like you said...it's just a game. Leave the strong anti-feminist sentiments at the door.

ikaruga best girl
Wait a minute. "All sorts of shots at people who don't like these types of games"?

Is there anything else than this:

"Are people here to uptight and prudish to enjoy this kind of game?"

you're talking about?

Also, what's wrong with anti-feminism? You don't tell people to leave the strong feminism sentiments at the door, do you?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You must've missed the whole paragraph you wrote below that. :v

Might get this, though with my track record for these kinds of games I might be better off not... guess it'll depend on how much beyond the gameplay there is to hold interest.

fbs397

Smash Cadet
You must've missed the whole paragraph you wrote below that. :v

Might get this, though with my track record for these kinds of games I might be better off not... guess it'll depend on how much beyond the gameplay there is to hold interest.
With that paragraph, I meant that me and other people who like this game are often called "perverts", as a bad and disrespectful word. However, people who buy games for violence have no bad words coming at them. I was simply stating that fact, and called it "interesting".

I remember during the 90s and Mortal Kombat. It was so cool because it had all this violence, and people looked down on Street Fighter because it looked so cartoony in comparison. Or imagine the sheer outrage if CoD removed blood (it has no affect on gameplay) or if GTA switched real guns for water guns (same gameplay).

Yet when you play a game for sex appeal, you're called a pervert as something degrading. Why is that? I mean, really. Why?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Who cares? Let's talk about the game this thread is for, instead.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
As I already mentioned in my older post, I haven't gotten the game yet, though I've been considering it since it first released. My attachment rate to this genre is really bad, though, so I dunno. Hoping the story is nice.

fbs397

Smash Cadet
As I already mentioned in my older post, I haven't gotten the game yet, though I've been considering it since it first released. My attachment rate to this genre is really bad, though, so I dunno. Hoping the story is nice.
The story is a lot about friendship and hilarious boob and sexual innuendo jokes. Like one scene early in the game where Ikaruga eats a sushi roll and says: "It's thick, but I think I can handle it." XD

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So they threw Final Fight and Battle Vixens, put them in a blender and turn it into a game? Science,what have you done.

I feel however just like Queen's Gate Spiral Chaos it will never make it to the fine shores of Mericuh. And yeah, that was the first game that came to mind from this..

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's actually already been in NA eShop for a while apparently, haha

Top Bottom