• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Semi-Useless Technique on Falcon

JFox

Smash Hero
This really does nothing except punish bad DI, and only works on Falcon. Normally I will punish no DI with an Utilt. But at lower percents, utilt won't hit. So I've found that if you hit Falcon with the top of the shine, and than waveshine, you can get an automatic regrab, or a quick hit. BUT contrary to the normal waveshine, you unfortunately can't combo an Usmash. That doesn't mean you can't Usmash afterwards, it just means its not a true combo. The only thing I could do fast enough to count as a true combo was a jab.

You can actually chainthrow falcon across the stage with this from 0%-55%. But its never gonna happen unless your opponent doesn't know what DI is. As soon as Falcon DI's forward, the shine will miss. And backward is terribly hard to follow since you are going to have to shine Falcon, than turn around wavedash...not worth it.

So basically just use this when ya can't get that utilt(something like 0%-15%/20%) And after the first throw, your opponent is gonna DI, so don't try to chainthrow with this. Just uthrow>waveshine>forward smash, and hope the fsmash hits.

Like I said, sorta useless. Maybe someone else can find some use for this, cuz I give up.

HiyAAAh

Smash Rookie
Yeah I tried it to see what your talking about. it only works with no DI.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
You can also chase and shffl a u-air to u-tilt. The u-air also sets up for another grab, which is similar to the shine's role as JFox described it. The u-air would just add a bit more damage.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
This really does nothing except punish bad DI, and only works on Falcon. Normally I will punish no DI with an Utilt. But at lower percents, utilt won't hit. So I've found that if you hit Falcon with the top of the shine, and than waveshine, you can get an automatic regrab, or a quick hit. BUT contrary to the normal waveshine, you unfortunately can't combo an Usmash. That doesn't mean you can't Usmash afterwards, it just means its not a true combo. The only thing I could do fast enough to count as a true combo was a jab.

You can actually chainthrow falcon across the stage with this from 0%-55%. But its never gonna happen unless your opponent doesn't know what DI is. As soon as Falcon DI's forward, the shine will miss. And backward is terribly hard to follow since you are going to have to shine Falcon, than turn around wavedash...not worth it.

So basically just use this when ya can't get that utilt(something like 0%-15%/20%) And after the first throw, your opponent is gonna DI, so don't try to chainthrow with this. Just uthrow>waveshine>forward smash, and hope the fsmash hits.

Like I said, sorta useless. Maybe someone else can find some use for this, cuz I give up.
I don't think tis useless.. it seems reasonably good... IMO, its hard to di foxes throw if you throw fast enough and at low percents, I find this as the best option since utilts wont hit... thanks for the great technique.

as a bonus, it looks pretty cool.

You can also chase and shffl a u-air to u-tilt. The u-air also sets up for another grab, which is similar to the shine's role as JFox described it. The u-air would just add a bit more damage.
at low percents, you can shffl a uair? like a short hop uair then utilt or what? I thought a utilt was faster than a uair so at the extreme low percents where u couldnt hit them with a utilt, a uair wouldn't work

I could be just reading your post wrong or interpreting it wrong... could you give more info? thanks

FastFox

BRoomer
What I mean is to chase and shffl a u-air right after you hit Falcon with the top of the shine, therefore popping him back into the air so that you can follow up with a grab or u-tilt.

I hope that was an alright explaination.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
What I mean is to chase and shffl a u-air right after you hit Falcon with the top of the shine, therefore popping him back into the air so that you can follow up with a grab or u-tilt.

I hope that was an alright explaination.
Yeah thanks, thats more clear, but I'm wondering can you even shffl the uair fast enough? It seems like if theres not enough time to usmash, there wouldnt be time to shffl a uair

Or am I just wding out of the shine too slow or something?

JFox

Smash Hero
Fastfox, I know you are the fastest fox in foxy town...

but if you go into training mode, and try to waveshine falcon and follow with an uair, im pretty sure you can't actually combo. It might be quick enough to catch your opponent off guard, but if they are paying attention, they can get out. and to be clear, its not like a normal waveshine, for some reason ya just don't get the same stun time out of it. the only thing i can get to combo is another grab or a jab.

but try it yourself...after all, im not the fastest fox in foxy town. :)

I don't think tis useless.. it seems reasonably good... IMO, its hard to di foxes throw if you throw fast enough and at low percents, I find this as the best option since utilts wont hit... thanks for the great technique.

as a bonus, it looks pretty cool.
Why thank you. Glad someone likes it...

takieddine

Smash Master
Waveshine into shuffle uair certainly does not work, and will work even less so when hit with the top of the shine. Any fox player will know that hitting with the top of the shine will remove the stun on those characters that do not fall, when they come into contact with the ground..(this was in zelgadis's shined blind lafmao)

They have enough of an opening to grab, jab etc.

FastFox

BRoomer
You could always just use the jab as a means of stunning the opponent for long enough to u-smash, grab, or anything else that you can do from a jab. I basically just played the whole u-air scenario in my head, so sorry if it wasn't accurate.

JFox

Smash Hero
Well jab to Usmash would probably work, but wouldn't lead to more damage afterward. And another grab wouldn't work cuz they certainly aren't going to miss the DI more than once. So youre pretty stuck. Hence the semiuselessness.

FastFox

BRoomer
But then there's also the option of chasing their DI and distributing further punishment. The same thing would apply to the u-smash, if the Falcon landed on the the ground and tech-rolled.

After the first waveshine, they can also just get there fast enough and far enough to connect another shine and after that one theyll be lower and it'll be easer to connect.
After the first uthrow waveshine, jab into grab, into usmash (whcih you can now do cause of the % given) would be better.
Still kinda useless though. =P
HI Joel.

FastFox

BRoomer
Hey Otto.

The u-throw to double waveshine would work nicely if you're planning to connect to a grab, or what I like to do, jab -> nair. I think that instead of going with the previous, I'd rather just u-throw -> u-tilt chaingrab.

JFox

Smash Hero
A little off topic, but what percents can Fox chainthrow Falcon? And at what percent with what DI does it take to eventually escape?

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Umm.. Why not just uthrow tech-chase? Seems a lot more useful to me..

FastFox

BRoomer
Umm.. Why not just uthrow tech-chase? Seems a lot more useful to me..
Or the better alternative would be to follow up out of the u-throw, then when he accidentally hits the ground because you miss a u-tilt or something, tech chase.

You can't just let him hit the ground after a u-throw -_-

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Well it would be good enough for me.. how can one miss an utilt anyway? =/

JFox

Smash Hero
Uthrow tech chase is ok, but tech chases are not very reliable IMO. The opponent can simply tech in place and than jab and the opponent will usually fail to regrab. It only works on people that continue to tech roll. And also ya might get one, and than the person techs under a platform, and than yuor next Uthrow sends him onto the platform.

So can I get those percentages??

Top Bottom