• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Semi Scar Cancel

Fugu15

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone,

kinda bored so I wanted to talk about something that hasn't been discussed much on the boards and wondering if anyone has some info.

We all know how to semiscar at this point. Well if we hold down during the illusion and then at the moment you hit the ledge, you let go of down, you will flash the corner then regrab the edge. The difference is that the illusion hitbox opens up over the ledge and a little on the stage and then dissapears as you grab the ledge. When you do a regular illusion into the edge, you just autograb it.

Not the most useful thing, but I find it works quite often for me in a match. If the opponent is standing right next to ledge, I will often open up the semiscar hitbox and then cancel it once it hits, allowing me to grab the ledge and get a hit in.

If done incorrectly of course, you won't grab the ledge and fall straight down. Timing is not hard, but tricky.

Anyone else successfully used this?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I've done this a few times before, but never really used it for anything practical. Does the hitbox stay there until wolf enters the freefall state? It might be useful then, but still quite situational...

Semiscarring and cancelling works, but if you do the semiscar just barely above the ledge so that you slide right on the stage instead of continue at your usual angle, its more or less the same exact thing except no sweetspot, so I don't see any use for it, besides maybe baiting a shield, but they could still attack before you can grab them with a jab in most cases. I should stop using so many commas ._.

Top Bottom