• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Selecting "Play" on PM start up screen sends me back to Wii Menu

Hi.

My friends have a Wii and like to play Project M on it. But their Wii history of when you start up Project M and press "Play", it sends you back to the Wii Menu. After trying this about 5-7 times, it will eventually work. But now it will not work at all. Please help.

Note-worthy details about the Wii:
  • It was bought the same year the Wii was released
  • Since this is such an issue, they will leave the Wii on for days so that they don't have to go through this process
  • We have tried using different 2 GB SD cards, ones that work on other Wiis do not work on this one
  • We are using Project M 3.5
  • We tried using different Brawl discs
  • We are using the non-hacked version
If you can help me, please post any ideas!

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Have you tried using Gecko OS?

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder
  • Go to "Loader Config"
  • Change "Hooktype" to AXNextFrame
  • Save your settings
  • Return to GeckoOS main menu
  • Boot game

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Go to "Loader Config"
  • Save your settings
  • Boot game
What does Gecko do?

• Go to "Loader Config"
  • Save your settings
  • Boot game
Ok wait. So I'm about to do this, do I put Gecko OS into the SD card with Project M, or do I put it in the Project M folder? (sorry I'm not very good at this)

Last edited:
Top Bottom