• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Select ZSS, Action, Do nothing

noradseven

Smash Lord
For a while now, after all the item pieces are gone, I tend to repeatably just "short" hop and do nothing, or sometimes just stand on the stage or just mindlessly toss out a jab from far away in an attempt to bait punish's rather than approaching myself. The over B/paralyzer/d-smash are currently far to dangerous for any abuse whatso ever and are p. much limited to punishing trips and punishing certain actions. in many causes even b-air/n-air/u-air against grounded opponents are unsafe and if the opponent predicts which one you will do it can be bad.

Is there anyone else out there who has really been abusing this the only problem is it makes some match's really stally but whateves.

shlike

Smash Ace
k I've done this before but never for that long really spaced sh bairs are usually safe but if you see your openent getting ready to counter or if he jumps then just air dodge away or through him and land with a jab/shield or double jump away or whatever. This strategy is okay just as long as your opponent has absolutely no projectile whatsoever (kirby/marth/gw (sausage is lame but he could stall it out if playing extra lame)/ dedede (same as gw)/mk/etc) point is zss close range game is really not that strong so if your making them approach and are trying to space with bairs/dtilts/uairs/nairs/dsmash/paralyzer/ WHATEVER a good opponent will powershield them anyway so playing defensively is not always the best option. In my experience swtiching between agressive/defensive/bait and punish playstyles/ (usually depending on %) is the best way to go with zss. We all know that her shield grab blows, that 3rd jab is trash, and that utilt has massive end lag. Yeah its nice and all being able to run away and space or whatever but sometimes a sudden burst of planned out aggression does wonders for example dash attack dtilt (if dash attack is blocked say hi to shield grab) or getting in a paralyzer to grab or w/e. ZSS metagame nowadays (especially against skilled players who know the matchup) is never the same each match, yeah you can space bairs, land sourspot uair to bairs, pivoting sideb's or paralyzers. but the point is to always keep your opponent guessing. With ZSS your forced to be creative almost ALL of the time where as other characters (mk,marth,snake,wario,falco,diddy) require some level of creativity but not as much as she does. she is very limited in alot of ways, but if you can manage to get things going things tend to work out.

moral of story is...

never do the same way twice/predict your opponent

lawlz

dont know if this helped any but i tried :)

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yeah I know what you mean, but we play hella defensive switching to offense ever is normally a bad idea, if they are on the ground, and all we do around here is PS fight, so I just noticed alot of the game I play now is micromanaging stage posistion trying to force them off the edge, or above, me by just terrifying them with a mix of jumps(and doing nothing) and a few aireal mixups.

Top Bottom