• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SEGA are idiots...

S.h.c.o.t.t.Y.1.0.8

Smash Cadet
Yes, its great to have sonic in the game. But i think SEGA havent really thought about the decision to have him in too well....

For example, sonic can't swim. But he can in smash bros.

And also, (for anyone that played Shadow The Hedgehog) sonic said 'i wouldnt be caught dead using guns' or something along those lines.

But in smash bros he can use the super scope, the ray gun and the cracker launcher.

I know its not an amazing topic, but just thought i would note it :)

Talking Curtain

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but all of this is a moot point considering Smash Bros is completely non-canonical. Which basically adds up to: Nintendo can do what they want. Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu would never use guns either, even if the guns were cartoony laser beams.

courte

Smash Lord

i just don't know what to say here

are you sure you want to call sega idiots?? i mean, for this reason?? not bashing the 3d sonic games. because while i dont find them better than the 2d. i don't see them as bad games for that reason

FilibusterRhymes

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I was making the point that the series is a stand alone thing.
Sonic can't swim? Mario can't use fireballs without a flower. Accept it.

Don't pretend like you'd prefer him not be in it.

Ninja Sheikah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9559-3780
Screw the canon they have money! Seriously though the canon has nothing to do with Smash brothers. Look at Link, he never wore a gold out fit in TP but it's in.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
Mario also would never use guns, would he? Not only is this not canon like in Shadow, these aren't real guns, they're fantasy lasers and the like.

I also heard that when Sonic hits the water, he flails about and eventually drowns... might of been just me.

Suna

Smash Journeyman
lol just be glad he is in the game who gives a **** if he can swim in SSBB but not anywhere else or who cares if he uses a gun

btw-remember these aren't the real charaters there Trophys that are forced to fight.

Kr3w

Smash Journeyman
..So what?
I dont think any character in brawl can double jump in their original games either...is that a big problem too?

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
How can he swim in the first Sonic game ever? (Yes, I have played it and my family owns it. For the NES, I think.)

I don't care about the guns. This topic isn't really...important.

=S-A=

Phazonridley480

Smash Cadet
..So what?
I dont think any character in brawl can double jump in their original games either...is that a big problem too?
Kirby, Meta-knight, and King Dedede are happy to show you that they can multi jump. Question anwsered.

Stryks

Smash Hero
WOW this thread has so much lulz I can abrely believed it:

Ganondorf can only be hurt in the zelda games by the master sword, yet jigglys pound still hurts the guy
Peach is the dassle in distress, yet shes higher on the tier list...
in the videogames, pokemon cant fight oponents that aint pokemon
characters cant breathe in space, hello lylat cruise

u sir fail...

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Yes, its great to have sonic in the game. But i think SEGA havent really thought about the decision to have him in too well....

And also, (for anyone that played Shadow The Hedgehog) sonic said 'i wouldnt be caught dead using guns' or something along those lines.

But in smash bros he can use the super scope, the ray gun and the cracker launcher.

Haha. I wouldnt go as far as calling them idiots but, they definitely didn't look into that stuff too well.

Cinder

Smash Master

What the hell?! Why did you waste the time to make this thread? The reason he's doing these things is because EVERYONE does it...words can NOT describe how worthless this thread is...I know I just wasted my own time, but I had to say something...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I know this poor horse has been beaten to death, but I just have to say. . .

Zelda turns into Sheik.

Sakurai left canon for dead long ago.

S.h.c.o.t.t.Y.1.0.8

Smash Cadet
What the hell?! Why did you waste the time to make this thread? The reason he's doing these things is because EVERYONE does it...words can NOT describe how worthless this thread is...I know I just wasted my own time, but I had to say something...
1. I was bored

2. I felt like it

J18

Smash Journeyman
wow this thread needs to get closed. i can't begin to explain how ******** this is

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Yes, and in ssbm mewtwo uses shadow ball.
Shadow Ball = Ghost type attack.

Now, jigglypuff, as you should know, is a normal type.
Ghost can't hit normal types.
Shadow Ball deals damage to jigglypuff.

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

"Oh no, Link never uses a gun in the games!"
"Charizard can't use Surf (swim), what the hell!"
"Mr. Game & Watch IN A 3-D GAME! OMG!!!"

finalark

SNORLAX
The line was "I wouldn't be caught dead with one of those things."

And yes, he can double-jump in some of his games.

I think the point was made in this thread a long time ago...

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad this post is here because it made me laugh.

SONIC WOULD NEVER USE GUNS *SUPER SCOPE*

I mean, the ray gun would at least be a better example.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

The first post was ridiculous. It made me laugh. Good observation, but ridiculous nonetheless. If you really want to get extremely canon, then Smash Bros. would never happen in the first place. Every character is from a separate world in a separate timeline and should not coexist- not to mention fight each other for no apparent reason. This is why it's a fictional videogame.

But, on what I thought the actual topic was going to be about, I love the way Sega went back to Sonic's roots and made him pretty retro. Those trademark sounds from his debut games are in there and I love it- like everytime he jumps, and the classic "boing!" with his ^B spring jump. They didn't give him some of his most recent abilities, they just stuck with the normal spin dash attack for everything, which I love. I can't stress enough how great of a job they did with this Sonic model in my mind- now if only that kind of work could translate into Sonic's own games, then we're talkin'!

S.h.c.o.t.t.Y.1.0.8

Smash Cadet

The first post was ridiculous. It made me laugh. Good observation, but ridiculous nonetheless. If you really want to get extremely canon, then Smash Bros. would never happen in the first place. Every character is from a separate world in a separate timeline and should not coexist- not to mention fight each other for no apparent reason. This is why it's a fictional videogame.

But, on what I thought the actual topic was going to be about, I love the way Sega went back to Sonic's roots and made him pretty retro. Those trademark sounds from his debut games are in there and I love it- like everytime he jumps, and the classic "boing!" with his ^B spring jump. They didn't give him some of his most recent abilities, they just stuck with the normal spin dash attack for everything, which I love. I can't stress enough how great of a job they did with this Sonic model in my mind- now if only that kind of work could translate into Sonic's own games, then we're talkin'!
Thats all it was! An obervation! I wasn't saying they should change everything to fit around sonics needs or any other characters needs....it was just a plain observation. So , to everyone who has a problem with it, learn to read a post.

Anyway, yes. Its great that sonic is back with his simple moveset from classic games. I think nintendo do a better job modelling sonic than sega do. I cant wait to get my hands on SSBB :D

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Thats all it was! An obervation! I wasn't saying they should change everything to fit around sonics needs or any other characters needs....it was just a plain observation. So , to everyone who has a problem with it, learn to read a post.

Anyway, yes. Its great that sonic is back with his simple moveset from classic games. I think nintendo do a better job modelling sonic than sega do. I cant wait to get my hands on SSBB :D
lol Alright, the way you worded it it sounded like you really had a problem, hence all the hate from everyone who replied to it (that happens a lot here, it seems...)

Oh, and I forgot the other classic sound I love. Whenever you run and try to stop and turn, you get that stopping sound of old. Ah...

Am I seriously the only one still begging for a hardcore Mario vs. Sonic fight to the death vid? I have yet to find one. It's pathetic.

S.h.c.o.t.t.Y.1.0.8

Smash Cadet
lol Alright, the way you worded it it sounded like you really had a problem, hence all the hate from everyone who replied to it (that happens a lot here, it seems...)

Oh, and I forgot the other classic sound I love. Whenever you run and try to stop and turn, you get that stopping sound of old. Ah...

Am I seriously the only one still begging for a hardcore Mario vs. Sonic fight to the death vid? I have yet to find one. It's pathetic.
Thanks for understanding.
I particularly like how they kept all the classic themes for the green hill stage and kept it looking classic.
I don't want to watch a Mario vs Sonic fight yet (as much as im dying to) i want to wait till i get my hands on it (and boy that day will be sweet!)

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
umm its smash things dont always make sense. It takes a whole bunch of characters from diffrent games and puts them in the "same" enviornment. so the basic skills of all characters is the same. and any ways calling sega a bunch of idiots for a stupid reason like this is dumb. Calling stupid for ruining the franchise with 3d sonic games that could be good but arnt because sonic team sucks monkey nuts would be a better reason

Top Bottom