• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seeking Information on Alloys

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Essentially, I'm trying to find out everything I can about these four. If there are files I should look into in order to find this information on my own, please point me to them. Otherwise, these questions (and likely others) are

For example, what exactly do the codes pertaining to the Alloys do?

Where does the game try to load information from without codes for:

- char_bust_tex_lz77?

- MenSelchrChrNm.XXX?

- MenSelchrChrFace.XXX?

- MenSelchrChrNmS.XXX?

- InfStc.XXX?

Is it enough to add Win1, Win2, Win3 and *Wait animations to FitZako*Motion.pac in order to get the results screen to display them in anything but T-pose without the 'Alloy Victory/Loss Poses' code?

In some videos, I see the Alloys on the results screen with a 'name' of RSBE01, and the announcer saying "Fighting Alloy Team" (?!). What causes this to load?

What causes the freeze in Multi-Man Brawl when playing as an Alloy and the game tries to load a normal character?

Can the freeze be fixed without resorting to codes?

Other questions to come as I think of them. Any answers to these are greatly appreciated.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Like anyone who knows what they are doing will ever see this thread :p

I can try experimenting with the animations to see what happens this weekend. I'm kind of busy, but it's something I've really wanted to get to for a while now.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Well, then if nobody will see this, how do I reach the people who would best be able to answer these kinds of questions?

I'm the kind of person who will keep trying as many things as possible until something works, then try to figure out -why- it worked. Problem is that I don't know where to even start yet, and I think once I get that, then I'd be able to get in and study up on it.

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I'd start by just comparing what Alloys don't have that normal Smashers do (by opening their animations and movesets in the BrawlBox model previewer thingy.)

I have no idea where to go to get decent help. When I was a noob, I realized that the only questions that usually get answered around here go something like "lol, meh css beeps at me and i dont know why it started when i replaced all the portraits with newer ones that were 600x600 but now it freezes so i cant see it in brawl what do i do i need help" (very exaggerated, but it's rare I see questions relating to stuff that's more than common glitches.)

Top Bottom