• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seeing Stars: Rosalina's KO Moves By Percent!

Alain

Smash Cadet
I mapped out the damage percentages necessary to get a kill on Mario in final destination. I calculated this from the center of the map and also from the default starting position. Rosalina herself did not have rage in these tests. In general I wanted a feel for this character and what she could do.

Center is dead middle of final destination.
Start position is the position player 2 is in when the match just starts.

KO PERCENTAGES

Forward smash (uncharged):

106% - Start position without Luma
84% - Start position with Luma
102% - Center with Luma
128% - Center without Luma

Down smash (uncharged from front):

147% - Start position without Luma
200% - Center without Luma

Up smash (uncharged):

110% - with Luma
135% - without Luma

Up tilt:
141% - Luma alone

Forward tilt
198% - Start Position With Luma

(Throws can vary by a couple of percent each time I don't know why)
Throw up:
207%
Throw forward:
202% - start position
Throw back:
168% - start position
Down throw:
370%

Hopefully this helps you guys out there. Cheers!

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I used Training Mode to get estimates on when each of Rosalina's attacks would potentially KO Mario at the center of any Omega Form stage. The Complete Coverage Thread has all the damage estimates that I've analyzed.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
aerials? other potentially moves good for killing?
The complete coverage thread gives you all the damage estimates against Mario. Heavyweights may need to take more damage to get KO'd, while lightweights may get KO'd sooner than Mario.

DoomLich

Smash Rookie
Upsmash on Luma alone is also a kill move, it's usually how I punish grabs. I don't have my 3DS on hand, so I can't give you numbers, but that should be on here.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
I've had Up-Smash kill as early as 89% with Rosalina by herself on FD. I believe this was against Sheik or Little Mac. The enemy was directly above her.
Luma's Down Air is also a very good kill move. I've had it kill at around 120 from the center of FD on a myriad of characters.

Last edited:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I have to test exactly how much of a difference it is, but the back/ second hit of Rosa's downsmash (maybe luma's idk yet) does more knockback.

Edit: It kills about 50% earlier from the middle of FD without Luma @_@;; Also luma seems to kill only about 10% later with either variation.

Last edited:

Iron Kraken

Smash Journeyman
Real talk, I often KO with Luma's forward-smash near the edge of the stage when my opponent is at like 60%.

Last edited:

Klaxon

Smash Rookie
I get a lot of uair kills, is there any way to find that out?

Top Bottom