• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secrets of Life [Mr.Talk's Thread Response]

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
I want to show you how it's done old school.

Secrets of Life

A heart cries out in the distant darkness, pleading with the souls of the wild
For some freedom to possess in a world of shifting colors
The cry is unheeded, instead the wild laughs, moreso for pain.

To pain...

To pain...

And the heart bleeds freely, withdrawing into the recesses of lust and fury.
And waits for the ever-waning soul to bring it out.
A breathe that fills empty lungs would suffice--
If only this world of blood-drenched air would go away...
Then maybe some refuge might be made.
Some passage that would connect two stars...
Connecting our hearts as one, one being to be held.
And the heaves of our bosoms are not unheard by us.
The wild may kill, but our hearts will save us.
Even in the depths of life where the fear and carnage still remains
That flecks the soul with pain and grief.

Still we would live, together, hearts beating as one.
Across the fears and trepidations that everyone and everything presents us.
To the spot where we can take a rest and be in peace.
The key isn't runing, but where we go--into the places were the shadows meet,
Where light can still be seen.
And our hearts beat as one.
We are alive for now, but only because we have each other.

Mr.Talk

Smash Cadet
OK Really that's a nice poem and all but it's not me. I don't write like that and I don't even think that poem even meets the concept my poem had (if you were trying to meet the concept)

Though it is nice for you to try to teach me how to write you can't. Poetry doesn't have to be taught just inspired. The way I write and the words you read is all of what I'm about. I'm not a formal writer so I write like I do (kinda like a child does really) because many enjoy reading it and it's what's in my head. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have even posted my poems on this board in the first place.

I hope you understand and again, nice poem keep doing it your way because it's you and I'll do it my way because it's me;)

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
When istarted it it was supposed to be. I got out of hand. XD. I do it often. And you misinterpeted what I did. I didn't think your poem was very...professional. It WAS meant as a lesson, but I totally got out of hand with it.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Nice poem. A little corny, but otherwise good. Some of your lines were pure gold.

I can tell you wrote this from the heart, but it's still pretty simple. I'm sure your girlfriend (or boyfriend, since I don't know your gender:( ) would love it.

Keep working at it. You've got a talent for this.

And Mr. Talk, write how you want. We can't force you to write a certain way. We can only give you suggestions, it's your choice whether you use them or not.

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
Heh. Girlfriend. I...uh...can do better that this, but it was 12 in the morning and I was feeling a little tired. I...I should show some of my other poems. One of them ALMOST got me sent to a therapist.

Top Bottom