• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seconds Anyone?

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering what seconds other Ness mains use and why. Is there a match-up you feel that just not worth the trouble, or do you just like switching it up.
I haven't tried picking up one because I don't feel I've reached a high enough level with my Ness yet.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I use Link

and of course all the melee characters

but as for covering some of ness' (few) weaknesses, such as range, i pick link and he covers mostly everything

Zero May Cry

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I agree with choknater. I think the best compliment to Ness is a character who can fight characters like FE swordies and Mewtwo - characters with large, disjointed hitboxes that Ness has a very difficult time counterattacking and approaching. I'm using Toon Link now since he pretty much has a bunch of projectiles to render those disjoints less effective. But yeah, pretty much what choknater said.

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I try to second Ike (still working on it), you should play Ike, link, or Ivy I think if you want matchup coverage or a totally different character

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I also play Peach since I played her in melee and they had similar mechanics in that game.

Akhenderson

Smash Apprentice
I usually play whoever I like as secondaries. So I use Lucas as my secondary, even though he's not used for counter picks against opponent characters. I'm trying to learn Falco and Roy though.

Kayo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiddKayo
3DS FC
0989-3028-4971
What's a secondary? You mean I can play other characters without realizing Ness's huge flaws!?

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Link is actually a great secondary. But you better be ready to play Link Dittos.

Psi Sig

Smash Journeyman
So I think I'm going to go with Diddy. He's just really fun to play, and he hecka fun in teams. Clutch bananas are indeed clutch. And I also still kinda have my pocket Shiek from melee though I need more MU experience, because right now I only really use her for Zard and ROB.

Dragrin

Smash Rookie
They way I view Ness is that he is great for against small characters and when I picked my sub I wanted someone who was good against mid/large characters. My second is Pit and I feel like some of the bad matchups might overlap but I feel most would have trouble with one or the other based on inexperience in the matchup

SpaceJello

Smash Apprentice
I play Lucas as my secondary. He's a little more technically demanding but he covers most of the probs I have with ness. Lucas has good recovery options and he is a lot faster, making it easier to deal with characters that have a lot of range, or faster than ness.

Top Bottom