• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries?

PWNAGEPOLICE

Smash Cadet
NNID
WellWisherELF
I have found G&W to be an effective secondary for DDD, as he generally has trouble with fast and or projecting spamming characters, which G&W can bucket. G&W's staple move is also B-air, which is similar to a DDD playstyle.

Wubblez

Smash Apprentice
I use Kirby, I just find them similar and easier to main/secondary. I just go with who I like to use rather than strategy though. =/

Kresent

Smash Cadet
I use Toon Link, even if I'll have trouble against Olimar or Zelda with both of them. At the same time though, I use ROB, so I can fight against Olimar. Zelda would still be a problem though.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
I main marth in addition DDD. This lets me pick out a faster character if i feel i need to. And this way I'm never at a real disadvantage in any matchups. I also like being able to play two different kinds of characters.

McBadass

Smash Rookie
In all honesty, I think meta knight is a great secondary for DDD. They're both air based, and while meta lacks the power of DDD, he makes up for it in speed.

meestertiny

Smash Cadet
when I see myself with a secondary, I also use kirby.. because despite the large weight difference and lack of grab godliness, they both have a lot of similarities and is easy to pick up after maining D3 for a while.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Hmm... putting it in that way; Dedede is the King...

And Kirby is the vassal... d >_>b...

It kinda is like that...

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
I use GaW as a secondary for singles and doubles...

he is a very good compliment to DDD

pKNeM

Smash Cadet
As some people have mentioned, G&W is a good secondary as is Rob. I haven't decided on a specific main (pretty even with three right now and deciding) but I'm going to be using Rob, MK, and D3 in competition..got speed and melee, projectiles, various weights, good recoveries, spikes/suicides, and all sorts of matchups there. But they're very different characters so it might be hard to even yourself playing those.

Top Bottom