• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries Survey

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Who do you main to cover Wolf's weaknesses? Survey here.
Results.

Post your reasons below

Last edited:

Boiko

:drshrug:
I play Wolf as a secondary, personally. I would say to cover Ness' weaknesses, but even then, I don't think Wolf wins too many MUs that Ness doesn't.

Just wondering, what characters do you consider bad MUs for Wolf?

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I play Wolf as a secondary, personally. I would say to cover Ness' weaknesses, but even then, I don't think Wolf wins too many MUs that Ness doesn't.

Just wondering, what characters do you consider bad MUs for Wolf?
I've heard that yoshi is amazing against wolf. There was a discussion about it in the wolf Skype group yesterday, I've never played the mu myself, but the words "it ****ing sucks" were thrown around.

Boiko

I've heard that yoshi is amazing against wolf. There was a discussion about it in the wolf Skype group yesterday, I've never played the mu myself, but the words "it ****ing sucks" were thrown around.
Haha really? I mean, I beat Raptor with Wolf and never thought it was that bad, but maybe I just don't know. Those were also just friendlies, but I didn't see anything that made the MU unwinnable.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Haha really? I mean, I beat Raptor with Wolf and never thought it was that bad, but maybe I just don't know. Those were also just friendlies, but I didn't see anything that made the MU unwinnable.
That's just what @ TimeMuffinPhD TimeMuffinPhD said, he got 6-0'd by a yoshi at winner's finals.

TimeMuffinPhD

PhD in time travel and muffins.
NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Yoshi is totally beatable, but there are so many things he can do effortlessly that can take a stock so quickly. Miss a tech, a good Yoshi will kill you at 0% from that.

Boiko

Yoshi is totally beatable, but there are so many things he can do effortlessly that can take a stock so quickly. Miss a tech, a good Yoshi will kill you at 0% from that.
Is there a Yoshi better than Raptor before he retired?
Also, that's pretty much how Wolf goes against every character. Poor dude spawns at death percent. :(

Wolf_Tree

Smash Rookie
NNID
Empty_sky137
I use Peach and Kirby as secondaries. I feel like having a floaty character balances out how heavy wolf is, and my peach is able to wreck mario a lot easier than my wolf can (god I hate the Wolf/Mario mu). And my friend wrecked me so many times with kirby that... I learned how to play him by watching.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I chose GnW because I feel he is pretty forgiving, at least compared to wolf. I don't feel as pressured with him.

TimeMuffinPhD

NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Is there a Yoshi better than Raptor before he retired?
Also, that's pretty much how Wolf goes against every character. Poor dude spawns at death percent. :(
Never really seen Raptor before, but I'm assuming he's pretty good. The thing with Yoshi is you have to stay safe and outplay 100% of the time or you probably have ****ed up, it's very easy for him; unlike other characters which take a fair bit of effort; plus Wolf can actually fight back against them well.

TimeMuffinPhD

NNID
TimeMuffinPhD
Also I'm working on a Link at the moment, haven't lost a game on netplay so I suppose it's going well. Also @ Crome Crome I'm not a fan of the Mario matchup either.

Boiko

Mario definitely makes a fool out of wolf. The character is so good against spacies in general.

Geth Drips

Smash Rookie
My primary main is Zelda, and I secondary Wolf and Sheik. No particular reason why I main Zelda other than she was the first character to really "click" for me when I started playing. I picked up Wolf only about 2 months ago. It's been an uphill battle, almost like I had to completely relearn the game, as Zelda's playstyle is pretty unlike anyone else in the cast. Things are finally starting to come together for my Wolf though, but I still have a long way to go. I feel incredibly rewarded when I see myself do things with Wolf that I couldn't do when I started, even if I still don't win very often.
As far as the Zelda+Wolf MU spread goes, I'd like to think there's pretty good synergy between the two, though I really don't have much to base that off of. Zelda struggles against characters that can juggle her and put constant pressure on her or stay in her mid-range blind spot. She also gets out-camped by characters with superior projectile games, like Samus. I feel like Wolf has so many tools that any MU Zelda may potentially have trouble with can at least be made even with Wolf.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Roy/Tink/Sonic are my secondaries. Idk if they're any better then my Wolf but i play them to either switch it up or I use Tink when i need to space someone out like a spacie because my Wolf isn't that good against spacies because no one i know plays them for me to really learn the match up

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Fox diddy as secondaries, right now diddy shares all the same losing mus as wolf does so he doesn't really cover much other than like, bowser, yoshi and maybe ivy/pit
fox covers marth and samus because even though the mus are even I have tons on melee exp with those mus. Also wins vs lucas technically, and the mk mu is better
Fox wins most mus better tbh, but I still lose the mu game to m2, mario, marth, samus and pit in 3.0. They are all totally winnable so I just stick to the character I felt like playing that set

1FD

Smash Ace
Sick survey, this could be useful in a lot of char threads. For fun AND for good discussion.
How did you make it?
Wolf I can control pace really well, Ike for matchups where I can control the pace with Ike (as in won't get pace controlled against me too well, which isn't many) and Kirby for the same deal but different pacings, and TL if I can't outplay them with Wolf and need to try a more attrition game to find my groove.

I'm not sure I did it right but I did the survey 3 seperate times since I play all 3 of them basically equally and couldn't find a 'more' button or something MUHAHAHA

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Sick survey, this could be useful in a lot of char threads. For fun AND for good discussion.
How did you make it?
Wolf I can control pace really well, Ike for matchups where I can control the pace with Ike (as in won't get pace controlled against me too well, which isn't many) and Kirby for the same deal but different pacings, and TL if I can't outplay them with Wolf and need to try a more attrition game to find my groove.

I'm not sure I did it right but I did the survey 3 seperate times since I play all 3 of them basically equally and couldn't find a 'more' button or something MUHAHAHA
Made a Google survey and just had 1 multiple choice question, then I put down all the characters as answers.

Top Bottom