• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Secondaries/Pockets with Cloud

YP9

Smash Rookie
I wanted to know what characters you play for Cloud's bad matchups. Thanks!

nooch33

Smash Rookie
Kirby for sure, they already tilted ur playing cloud and then you whip out that frame perfect kirby and they're like "damn im a piece of ****"

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Marth. I feel like Marth does decent Vs Cloud's bad matchups which is mostly Shiek and Bayo. Bowser is probably the one bad MU both characters do poorly against (and by poorly, I mean at least 4-6 in Bowser's favor).

WolfmanDeerek

Smash Cadet
Cloud and RosaLuma are my co mains. If I feel like I got beat just from being swamped Ganon comes out for revenge unless they were being super tricky with baits and punishes. In that case Duck Hunt is my answer.

My counter picks have more to do with how I judge the other person's play style than character match ups.

My two mains are straight up and adaptive, the Dorf is strictly pressure and heavy counters, and Duck hunt I use for trickiness and timing my opponent out.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
Marth, DK, Captain Falcon, and Samus are all secondaries of mine and IMO cover all possible MU's I ever come across, with cloud being my answer to 70% of the cast. Marth being a good answer to another cloud, sheik, and greninja. DK beats pretty much all the swordies and bayonetta. Falcon beats grapplers like DK and bowser, he also _bodies_ mewtwo. Samus is the anti-luigi and also is a solid answer to players that have really strong ledge pressure.

clarify

Smash Cadet
Since I went through a main crisis last weekend, I actually like Bayo as a secondary. Though CF and Ganon are favorites of mine due to my Melee days. Marth/Lucina and Mewtwo also sound reasonable.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

NNID
yojimitsu
dthrow knee is true at certain percents and mewtwo's big hurtbox is just too easy to juggle. i admit falcon does get juggled pretty hard but mewtwo dies way too easy from everything falcon can do. dthrow upair at 150 with no rage, that's a stupid easy 50/50

WaDi seems to be the only mewtwo that gives fatality trouble, and even he has been beaten by tearbear

Last edited:

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
dthrow knee is true at certain percents and mewtwo's big hurtbox is just too easy to juggle. i admit falcon does get juggled pretty hard but mewtwo dies way too easy from everything falcon can do. dthrow upair at 150 with no rage, that's a stupid easy 50/50

WaDi seems to be the only mewtwo that gives fatality trouble, and even he has been beaten by tearbear
You forgot, falcon has no real ways around shadow balls if mewtwo decides to spam, falcon gets gimped super hard, and gets combo'd super hard as well.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

NNID
yojimitsu
any player with half a brain can walk and perfect shield spam balls.

i'm looking at purely results here and not theorycraft

Yσנιмιтѕυ

NNID
yojimitsu
if olimar had an overwhelmingly positive record against falcon in tournament then i'd say you're right. results are really the only hard evidence to back up any theory or opinion.

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
if olimar had an overwhelmingly positive record against falcon in tournament then i'd say you're right. results are really the only hard evidence to back up any theory or opinion.
Point is, results aren't everything, plus, you were just theorycrafting above..

MERPIS

Smash Lord
NNID
Catboog
and what i'm saying is results have shown that falcon beats mew2
But he doesn't. Diddy is Mewtwo's only bad MU. Ask literally anybody on the M2 boards and they'll say that its either even or its Mewtwo's favor.

EVEN ACCORDING TO RESULTS...
(There are 55 games that feature Captain Falcon vs Mewtwo in the SSB World database. Captain Falcon wins 27.27% of the games in this matchup. Mewtwo wins this matchup 72.73% of the time.)
Don't believe me? Put the two characters in for yourself into this https://ssbworld.com/
If you still believe that Mewtwo loses after all this, I have no idea what to say.

Top Bottom