• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SDI fox upair

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
I'm really having a lot of trouble SDI'ing fox's upthrow up air (with marth and as fox myself at around 100+% if that matters). I've read http://smashboards.com/threads/how-to-sdi-foxs-u-throw-u-air-and-not-die.217426/ which tells you to DI away and SDI against the direction fox is facing, but I'm having a lot of trouble SDI'ing when I don't get the DI from the grab and go straight up.

I've tried just tapping the control stick a single precise time, double tapping the control stick, quarter circle rolling (i have extremely low success rate using this method), and i've tried doing these methods left, right, and upwards. And I've done a lot of practice with a computer fox on 20xx.

My highest success rate when I"m thrown up with no DI is when I SDI away from the fox. I double tap the control stick and try to do it right when the first upair hit connects. I think on average I might get around 2 out of 10 sdi's from no DI against fox's upthrow up air. If i'm lucky I get it higher, but still this doesnt seem like it's working out. Do you guys have any tips for me? I get in this scenario all the time and always get rekted

Last edited:

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Are you ASDIing with the C-stick as well?
I have not been actually but just tried it now and I think ive been dodging the second hit more. Before I figured the control stick would be ASDI'ing as well, but there's not really a reason not to use the c stick in case I miss the asdi with the control stick.

Top Bottom