• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD card issue

nightfox

Smash Rookie
I am using a Macbook so I downloaded the Hackless Wii Full set zip from the Project M page and was able to successfully unzip the file; however, my computer will not let me move the files to the SD card even though I can move the files to other places on my computer. The SD card in question is a Lexar "Gaming" 2GB SD card. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tybis

Smash Apprentice
Check if the SD is set to "read-only", either through some kind of "properties" menu or if it has a physical switch on the card.

nightfox

Smash Rookie
I have the switch on the card set to the unlocked position, but it does still say it is read-only in the info page for the card.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
I am using a Macbook so I downloaded the Hackless Wii Full set zip from the Project M page and was able to successfully unzip the file; however, my computer will not let me move the files to the SD card even though I can move the files to other places on my computer. The SD card in question is a Lexar "Gaming" 2GB SD card. Any help is greatly appreciated.
TAPE YOUR SD CARD (ignore the first half of the video)
Slide your SD to "unlock" and tape it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGBneRVnmJ0p

If you can't place files on it then it means the write protection is broken and is permanently "on." All the slider does is physically change how the card sits in the reader. Taping over it changes how it is physically shaped and it will be read as unlocked.

You should be fine with 1 or two layers of tape. A million SD cards have this issue, probably most. I had that problem.

nightfox

Smash Rookie
Tried using one and two layers of tape and unfortunately that didn't help. I guess I might have to try using the dinosaur of a desktop I have to use windows.

nightfox

Smash Rookie
Apparently macbooks are just dumb when it comes to SD cards and this is a common problem, to which the solution seems to be to put the slider half-way between lock and unlock at which point it will be in read/write mode. After figuring that out everything else went fine and Project M runs better on my wii than brawl ever did. Thanks for everyone's help.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Apparently macbooks are just dumb when it comes to SD cards and this is a common problem, to which the solution seems to be to put the slider half-way between lock and unlock at which point it will be in read/write mode. After figuring that out everything else went fine and Project M runs better on my wii than brawl ever did. Thanks for everyone's help.
Just be sure to quote people when you want their attention so they get a notification
=] glad it worked out for you

Top Bottom