• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD card file setup? (Riivolution)

amsams

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and wanna start off seeing if anyone knows a solution to what's going on. So I formatted my microSDHC card and then unzipped the latest Project M zip file (Riivolution, not wifi safe) on the root of the SD. As normal, it created a file named "brawlmods" with "projectm" within. All of the pf folders and the RSBE01.gct are in the "projectm" folder. I've had the riivolution channel on my wii for a while, and so I created the "riivolution" folder on the root of the SD card and I placed codehandler.bin and Bionic's modlauncher.xml in the riivolution folder. I loaded up The Riivolution channel, and selected the Project M codeset with everything (textures, music, etc.) enabled. However, the game loaded with the standard startup and menu screens. No custom menu textures. However, the CSS had it's custom layout, with Brawl's standard portraits, background, etc. The same with the SSS. The game froze when it attempted to load a stage. I think the game wasn't able to load any of the replaced files, yet somehow the CSS and SSS had different layouts. Is it just a matter of relocating files on the SD card, or am I missing something? I will post my filepaths if necessary. Thanks in advance.

amsams

Smash Rookie
I have a standard 2GB card that I use for file replacements for normal Brawl. So with the hackless method, I've got to use 2GB or less, right?

Top Bottom