• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scrubby Wolf looking for advice

Jorgitis

Smash Rookie
Salutations!

Let me introduce myself. I'm a college student from Puerto Rico and I enjoy playing Wolf in P:M :D

I started playing P:M last December, grinding as many games with Wolf as I could during the free time. I have been lurking the Wolf forums since but now have decided to finally join in on the discussion!
Now that classes have started anew, I usually play with my buddies at the university. The following is a Money Match (first to 5) that I had with a friend of mine there. Why don't I post this on the Wolf video thread? Because honestly, my Wolf is decent at best and I think that thread should be reserved for top notch Wolf play.

I just want a second opinion on my Wolf like, what should I focus on improving, stuff like that would be really helpful.

Regarding the Money match; even though I play really bad at first, I do start winning games so please, if anything, watch the games where I win :) :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGRx6lDTG9M

Any comments, good or bad, are appreciated!
So keep on smashing my fellow Wolf players and cheers~

Jorgitis

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I have this nasty habit of missing my L-cancel every time I hit a shield. I guess I'll just focus on improving that.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i would definitely work on using blaster to set up for grabs. wolf has a great grab game, as it sets up for combos (or tech chases in the case of fox) and it sets up for side b kills very well. the other thing is that while u did use bair a fair amount for what looked like defensive and prevantative purposes, its also a great approach tool (better than nair on a whole because of its range IMO) and can set up directly into shine. i definitely could see that you knew how to do WD, and you used them on platforms as well occasionally and you frequently made use of wolfs good SHFFL. so regardless of whether or not u have those all down perfectly and in the right situations, you were at least implemeting them. (dont wrry i botch SHFFLs sometimes too, everybody does it, its just a matter of how well u teach urself to focus). I think the only other thing i would say is that for some reason, the match seemed a little slow to me. i would work on getting your wolf to be faster, as in tightening up the window between attacks and maneuvers so that you are constantly moving, on the run, and controlling your position with respect to your opponent. i often times go in training mode and just run around with wolf WDing off platforms mixing in attacks, SHFFLs, autocancels, baiting maneuvers, and blaster shots. It just kind of helps you get a natural flow going with the character in with more practice i think you could be a lot faster with him.

overall though i think your definitey headed in the right direction and you have a good grip on certain fundamentals that are important when it comes to killing.

two more things actually; side b more often. you can do it out of shine, and out of throws. learn what percents you can do it on, and take advantage of the fact that you can angle it up or down, and that you can shorten it by pressing b during the animation (this is sort of hard to do at first, but its well worth it to learn the timing, as side b shortens open up a huge variety of percents that you can land that killing blow on, and with a large array of set ups in wolfs arsenal). second, i would only reccomend dash attack during tech chases and combos for its range, if you are not in a combo, id suggest using a dsmash in its place, as its quicker and much much safer on shields.

Top Bottom