• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Schoolgirls for Sale in Japan

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster

"Japan's obsession with cutesy culture has taken a dark turn, with schoolgirls now offering themselves for "walking dates" with adult men. Last year the US State Department, in its annual report on human trafficking, flagged so-called joshi-kosei osanpo dates (that's Japanese for "high school walking") as fronts for commercial sex run by sophisticated criminal networks.

In our exclusive investigation, VICE News host Simon Ostrovsky will bring you to one of Tokyo's busiest neighborhoods, where girls solicit clients in their school uniforms, to a concert performed by a band of schoolgirls attended by adult men, and into a café, where teenage girls are available to hire by the hour. But the true revelations come behind closed doors, when schoolgirls involved in the rent-a-date industry reveal how they've been coerced into prostitution."

Read the story at Vice News

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Putting racy stuff like this here instead of the Debate Hall is a bit extreme for my tastes. It's important, yes, as I've seen the video before, but I would recommend you post this over there instead. But I'm not a high-standing member, now, am I?

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
Warning Received
I appreciate you for putting the message out there, though.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
It truly makes me wonder what draconian laws the U.S. government would set, if this were ever to become popular in large American cities.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Putting racy stuff like this here instead of the Debate Hall is a bit extreme for my tastes. It's important, yes, as I've seen the video before, but I would recommend you post this over there instead. But I'm not a high-standing member, now, am I?
While the theme of the story is rather racy there's nothing particularly lurid about it. Most people who play video games, read comic books or manga have probably seen female characters placed in similarly compromising positions.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
While the theme of the story is rather racy there's nothing particularly lurid about it. Most people who play video games, read comic books or manga have probably seen female characters placed in similarly compromising positions.
True.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
@ E-Mann E-Mann Try not to double post like that. That's what the edit button is for.

As for the topic, this is pretty disturbing, and Japan is known for being crazy as is, what with buying used women's underwear, or people with their apparent obsession with wearing pigeon masks. The truth, however, is that things, like this, happen everywhere, including the U.S. It's a sad truth that has been covered before. All we can do is hope and pray that this kind of exploitation, especially of children, stops.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
There's supposedly used panties that can be disposed out of kiosks in Japan. This isn't that surprising.

Soon, they'll be selling fat, Wario-lookalikes.

Btw Claire, if you want to talk about the exploitation of children, then lets try to stop the exploitation of children on networks like the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. That is sickening.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The edit button exists for a reason, this isn't Skype.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Btw Claire, if you want to talk about the exploitation of children, then lets try to stop the exploitation of children on networks like the Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. That is sickening.
My point still stands then. I stopped caring about those programs years ago. "Steven Universe", "Avatar: The Last Airbender", and "Legend of Korra" are pretty legit though.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
What brought my attention to Vice's report is the fact that this is going on in Japan's electronic district Akihabara. I've always wanted to visit there to pick up some rare Japanese video games and check out the arcade scene but now I'm not so sure. :(

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
What brought my attention to Vice's report is the fact that this is going on in Japan's electronic district Akihabara. I've always wanted to visit there to pick up some rare Japanese video games and check out the arcade scene but now I'm not sure sure. :(
I've heard that foreigners shouldn't go to Roppongi, because apparently the natives over there aren't exactly the friendliest of people.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've heard that foreigners shouldn't go to Roppongi, because apparently the natives over there aren't exactly the friendliest of people.
Japan, as hip as all the weeaboos and otakus believe it to be (don't get me wrong, Tokyo seems like an awesome place to visit), it has quite the racism, especially among the conservative people. Some establishments will outright deny you service if you're not pure Japanese. I don't even think there are laws that prohibit discrimination either, which is extremely disheartening if true.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
The only reason I want to go to japan is for the sightseeing, and learning of the language. Now I want to know 2 things.

1. Why is that country doing this?
2. Why is this not in the Debate Hall?

Japan, as hip as all the weeaboos and otakus believe it to be (don't get me wrong, Tokyo seems like an awesome place to visit), it has quite the racism, especially among the conservative people. Some establishments will outright deny you service if you're not pure Japanese. I don't even think there are laws that prohibit discrimination either, which is extremely disheartening if true.
Wait, you mean to tell me that Japan isn't some beautiful, immaculate oasis for me to prance around in, living out all my steamy anime harem fantasies?!

Welp, cancelling my trip. What other cultures can I romanticize?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
this is nothing new, child trafficking dates back so far into history. it's a shock how people just realize this.

Top Bottom