• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

scarring help

derv

Smash Apprentice
can any one help me with this tech?
ive being trying it but i dont think its going right
can someone give me a quite detailed explanation and possibly a video?
thanks

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
be holding an edge. move the control stick backwards. move the control stick forwards. press B.

Now do it fast.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Forget scarring. Semi-scarring is where it's all at.

Start out on Smashville and use >B toward the level, but just after you use >B, hold the control stick down. Do this near the tip of the ledge. Now, just experiment with it and then use it on different stages. Using it on FD is kind of dangerous, but if you're smart, you'll always be safe.

Basically, by holding down, you're ignoring the ledge and passing it by. Kind of cool.

But really, my advice is just to play around with it to see what you can do. ; )

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Well said Asaph. When recovering in a match you should mix it up with the semi scar, sweetspotting the edge and aiming upb directly at your opponent. Scarring directly from the edge is predictable and not as useful as you might think.

derv

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the info guys
could someone please post a video of someone doing this please?
just so i know if im doing it right, thanks

edit: its all good now, i can successfully scar and semi scar
wasnt really hard once i knew what i was doing, thanks for the explanation
now ill learn to use it effectively

again, thanks

Top Bottom