• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ScareMi vs Sylarius

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Noticeable input delay, also I played so bad, but I wanted to see that Falco match again because I have a friend who insists if you tech Marth's fthrow fthrow dair then you can always get out of it, now I have something to show him >_>

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
in your match vs the falco..00:00 to 00:24 fishing for the chain grab is a no no you took too much damage and its not worth it. your spacing especially in this match up has to be dead on and its not keep him JUST at tipper length to far out you get ***** by laser to close and you get jabbed to death stay at medium range...also your di needs work..when you saw the dair from falco coming you didnt move your also picking alot of bad options for example..1:00 you grabbed him...why didnt you chain to spike? also when you f-throw dont walk and f-smash just throw and buffer it..1:08 to 1:21 GET AWAY FROM THE LEDGE! roll or jump over him just get off of it..and for some reason 1:16 he let u back on...idk why...1:23 DO NOT use a a laggy move like d-smash UNLESS you got a hard read on them rolling or doing a move to get back on stage that ends with alot of lag..you should have just rolled away from that situation...1:25..why did u let him dair u...counter man...1:38 why? why up b when he clearly rolled behind you? 1:45 i think you were tryna pivot smash him you just messed it up? cant blame ya it happens but theres no need to be fancy all the time you had the read so a up smash would have worked. 2:08 great option. 2:15 i cant stress enough to stay off the ledge man grabbing the edge for the invincibility frames good option but you didnt...what you did for the rest of the video was ****..lol i cant believe he fell for that especially when falcos know what happens when you get that close to the edge at a frest stock..you just seem to be playing your not focused...you didnt really get any reads and your reflexes are sluggish..i can see your trying to do the mike haze style..but that takes skills you need to master first....things you need to practice ok?
-remember stay off the ledge if you can or unless your edge guarding
-get faster..your too slow..good way to do that is play someone in your region that knows what there doing and will **** you...best way to improve imo trying to keep up and being forced to pick the best option quickly almost instinctively is key.
-PRACTICE READING YOUR OPPONENT!!! you cant just play the game care free...focus on your opponent...heres some things to keep in mind during stock one while your playing take mental notes for example if you approach with nair or fair..what did they do? power sheild? roll? keep that in mind so the next time u approach if they roll follow up with up b or dancing blade if they sheilded buffer a grab..just take mental notes of your opponents habits also learning the meta game for all the characters or atleast top tier would help..so you dont fall for any gimmicks and can enter the match more aware of what that character can do to marth...sorry so long and i really hope this helped you

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
thank ya nova. yes, i do need to stay away from the ledge. marth is terribad on the ledge. i do need to read and react better rather than just throw out moves based what i think he's gonna do. what do you mean get faster? i don't wanna dash too much, do you mean buffer aerials?

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
no I mean your reaction to stuff is slow...as are your follow ups and your dashes. if you like haze style look up his matches vs dehf he's walking to powersheild those lasers but when he gets a read or has momentum he's FAST and executes his moved quick. and yes you could buffer your moves more. lol no you don't have to dash with marth the Leon, Ramin (and me) way of doing it xp

:phone:

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Yeah, this was on wifi and the lag is noticeable lol

EDIT: I actually was pretty sure he was going to roll behind and fthrow dair me, that's why I fsmashed both times, but too slow...

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
no I mean your reaction to stuff is slow...as are your follow ups and your dashes. if you like haze style look up his matches vs dehf he's walking to powersheild those lasers but when he gets a read or has momentum he's FAST and executes his moved quick. and yes you could buffer your moves more. lol no you don't have to dash with marth the Leon, Ramin (and me) way of doing it xp

:phone:
you're right. mike does dash when he has stage control. i guess i need to work on that. but it's hard to execute while dashing with marth on wifi, so i just slow down. maybe i'll change and go fast for once.

also, some advice for you, don't compare yourself with ramin and leon, even in dashing. you can't dash as effectively as them. just be modest and say ramin and leon.

and syl, you know me too well hahaha

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
you're right. mike does dash when he has stage control. i guess i need to work on that. but it's hard to execute while dashing with marth on wifi, so i just slow down. maybe i'll change and go fast for once.

also, some advice for you, don't compare yourself with ramin and leon, even in dashing. you can't dash as effectively as them. just be modest and say ramin and leon.

and syl, you know me too well hahaha
if wifi is your only means of practice go for it but if you can get some offline training that would be better...

i would suggest that in the future if you upload a video on here for help try and get one that is in person bc alot of the "mistakes" could be contributed to the lag.. also......

i only meant i dash instead of walk just like i was only saying you prefer mikes style not that your as good as him. not saying im anywhere close to ramin or leons level of skill but dashing i can do just as good and alot of players can...its not..that hard? not sure why you think theres something special about what or how they do it ....but none the less thanks for the advice :)

Top Bottom