• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

{Sat, May 2} Clown the Competition 4!

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
WE'RE BACK, BOYS!

I took a poll on whether you wanted this tourney to start earlier or later, and later won pretty handily. Therefore, this tournament will start later in the night.

Instead of running a venue/online tourney like last time, I've decided to stay on my own and broadcast/run the event without any distractions. I know the last event started off a bit slow, so I'm doing everything I can to improve!

This tourney will begin with a randomly seeded bracket on Saturday, April 25th at 7:00 Central Standard Time (CST). Check-in begins two hours early, meaning that from any time between 5:00-7:00 CST, you can confirm that you're here and ready to play.

Before we get to the rules, I could use a little help from anyone participating or watching the stream. I don't have a large playlist of songs to play in between sets, so if you'd like to send me a messaage here on Smashboards with a Youtube link to a good electronic/dubstep-ish song, that would be awesome!

-RULES-
2 stock, 6 minute
If timed out, the game will be settled by stock advantage. If tied, it will be settled by percent advantage.
Gentleman's rule is in effect (any stage may be chosen if both parties agree)
Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect (cannot counterpick to a stage previously won at)
Customs and equipment will be turned off.
Only Winners/Losers Finals and Grand Finals will be best of 5. The rest of the tournament will be settled through best of 3 sets.

|>Stage Striking and Counterpicking
To determine the first stage played on, players will strike stages (in order of 1-2-1, the lower seeded player is granted the first ban). Whichever stage remains is the one that will be chosen.
When counterpicking, any stage on the list may be chosen, but only after the winner of the last game has banned two stages of his choosing. These bans are separate, and to not carry over from the strikes before game one.

|>Starting Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination (Any omega is alright if agreed upon
Lylat
Smashville
Town and City

|>Counterpicks
Duck Hunt
Haliberd
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege

All stages are based on the 2015 EVO ruleset.

Stream Link: www.twitch.tv/sonnet7
Any open games will be streamed (with commentary), and Winners/Losers semis through Grand finals will also be streamed.

Chat Room (for communication during the tourney): https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=ClownTheCompetition

And, as always, please leave any questions or comments within this thread! I read everything posted here, so if there's something you want me to know, this is the place to post it!

Last edited:

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Aw man. I wish earlier would have won out as I have work at night. Wish I could play, but 7pm is too late for me. Best of luck to everyone else playing!

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Hi i'm interested on participating but i have a doubt. Do I have to add the organizer of the tournament in order to get the check in or what should I do? Thanks and I'll leave you with some links for the playlist :v

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcL_XmWc5H0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1NuCWfYeYc
Nope! You just have to sign up through the Challonge page (you may need an account to do so). Check-in will start on the day of the tournament. To complete the check-in, simply return to the bracket and click the "check in" button!

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Damn, I need to get a job quick so I can get the money to buy a Wii U
(Also to get a CRT for my little nook where I practice Melee and Project M)

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Gotta bring in those 6 figures!*

*may or may not include decimal places
Everytime I see my inbox light up I cream, thinking its sentry saying "yeah make the tenths of dollars with us, but then its just some twitch streamer going live.
srry if tmi

Last edited:

Sonnet

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kuch11
Don't forget guys, check-in through Challonge starting at 5:00 CST! The tourney will start at 7:00 CST!

Top Bottom