• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sans... and Papyrus - The Skelebros

Gaxel

Smash Ace
A little disclaimer here... Obviously, this will never, ever happen. But, the thought of it is really fun and interesting at least in my opinion.

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME, THERE ARE LIGHT SPOILERS BELOW.

"It's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming..."
(thanks to Chocolatewoosh for the picture of the bros)

Sans and Papyrus are from the video game Undertale (very good game if you haven't played it). No, it's not on a Nintendo console, but it is heavily influenced by Earthbound and it has similar vibes to it while also retaining its own feeling for a game. Sans is more of a serious fighter if you've seen him in action. Papyrus is a gosh darn sweetheart. I thought adding Papyrus to Sans would be an interesting factor, giving the duo fighters an element of randomness. This team will fight differently than the Ice Climbers. You mainly control Sans, Papyrus will trail behind Sans most of the time and do some random things once in a while with interesting outcomes.

How they fight:
  • Speed-wise, Sans moves in bursts of speed. His side steps, rolls, and air dodges come out really swiftly. Papyrus doesn't dodge and is very oblivious. Walk speed is slow while the sprint starts off C. Falcon speed but swiftly decelerates to King Dedede speed due to exhaustion.
  • In terms of weight, Sans is a little heftier and around the weight of Mega Man, Papyrus is more of a Luigi.
  • A cool little gimmick I thought was, if the opponent knocks off Papyrus, Sans goes into a fit of rage and gets boosts all around to his stats. Papyrus again, does not contribute much to the fight directly.
Move List (WIP):
  • B neutral - 90% chance Throw Me a Bone Here: Sans whips a bone as a projectile. Goes fairly quickly and does moderate damage. 10% chance (+if Papyrus is still alive) You're Blue Now, That's My Attack!: Papyrus whips a blue bone at the opponent, moves more quickly than Sans' and does a tad more damage, but doesn't damage the opponent if they aren't moving.
  • B side - 90% chance Teleport: Sans teleports a set distance horizontally, Papyrus scurries to catch up (if off-stage, Papyrus gets a little boost from a fly-by Mettaton to catch up to Sans). 10% chance (+if Papyrus is still alive) Pasta Slide: Papyrus grabs Sans and a bowl of pasta as they slide forward on the stage, damages opponents in their path and makes them slip.
  • B up - 100% chance Reverse Polarity: Sans and Papyrus switch the gravity for themselves and float upwards, controls are now inversed for a short time.
  • B down - 90% chance Gaster Blaster: Chargeable, quick beam sent out away from Sans in a straight line. The more you charge it, the farther it goes, deals moderate damage and goes through multiple enemies. 10% chance (+if Papyrus is still alive) Spaghetti Strangler: Chargeable, Papyrus readies his microwave and shoots out a plate of spaghetti, roots the enemy in place for 2.5 seconds and does a little less damage than the Gaster Blaster. Charging also dictates length of the shot.
  • FINAL SMASH - 75% chance It's a beautiful day outside. birds are singing, flowers are blooming...:
    kids like you should be burning in hell. (Sans turns all his opponents into hearts and the game suddenly becomes a bullet hell with his opening move in a genocide run)
    25% chance (+if Papyrus is still alive) Cooking with Undyne:
    Undyne comes out of nowhere suplexing a rock and stunning people in front of Sans, tells Papyrus that he is late for his cooking lesson. Kirby's Brawl Final Smash ensues, Undyne violently stirs the opponents in the cooking pot. Items fall on the floor afterward like Kirby's FS.
Taunts:
  • Dialogue box opens, Sans and Papyrus bicker with each other about who they're facing and Sans tries making puns about the character. Papyrus gets mad. Alphys might call them. (If Papyrus is knocked off, Sans glows his eye and shrugs).
  • Papyrus's reaction when he sees a human (when Sans and Papyrus keep looking at each other back and forth). No Papyrus, Sans puts up his hoodie, takes it off the hood if triggered again.
  • Papyrus puts on his "COOL DUDE" shirt and puts sunshades on (along with on his biceps) sunshades come off after taunt, shirt stays. No Papyrus, Sans snickers with his eye glowing.
DOOT DOOT, MR SKELE

Last edited:
Im not sure it even matters based on the forum closing but the Snowdin Guards have not appeared on a Nintendo Console making them illegible for smash and for a thread.

But based on my avi I support them anyway. Undyne is better though
I suppose I have said any video game character so I guess they are allowed in my group >_>

Last edited:

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Im not sure it even matters based on the forum closing but the Snowdin Guards have not appeared on a Nintendo Console making them illegible for smash and for a thread.

But based on my avi I support them anyway. Undyne is better though
I suppose I have said any video game character so I guess they are allowed in my group >_>
True, they haven't been on a Nintendo console. But the whole game is heavily based on Nintendo games, so I feel like there's a special place for them. Also, with the game's popularity, I feel like Undertale might go multiplat even though Toby doesn't know how to program it onto different platforms.

LandoCarlrisien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LandoCarlrisien
3DS FC
0619-6588-2569
Say, i've noticed something. It looks like your going to fight my brother pretty soon. Some friendly advice: If you keep going the way you are now, you're going to have a bad time.

Top Bottom