• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus's Reverse Moonwalk?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
There's not really a name for when that happens. I'm not sure why it happens either, but every character does this, especially if you royally **** up a dash dance.

Litt

Samus
There's not really a name for when that happens. I'm not sure why it happens either, but every character does this, especially if you royally **** up a dash dance.
Its when you turn around in the first few frames of a sticky walk

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps you are referring to something different that I didn't catch or you may already know these names....

But I though this was just a boost run, more specifically here a charlie walk (or a "Charlie" derived from the Charleston). Schmoo has a data point for the increased speed from these movement options for every character in the movement thread.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Ummm yeah so not sure wtf this movement tech is aside from Reverse Moonwalk, any ideas people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaTmqjFADM8
The main components in the end were runturn right to stop speed (but not accelerate) -> very short run to right -> runturn left with full acceleration. The stickywalk before the runturn isn't relevant. Runturn has same max acceleration as dash, but isn't limited by max run speed, so you can achieve high velocity by initiating runturn from slow or negative speed run.

Perhaps you are referring to something different that I didn't catch or you may already know these names....

But I though this was just a boost run, more specifically here a charlie walk (or a "Charlie" derived from the Charleston). Schmoo has a data point for the increased speed from these movement options for every character in the movement thread.
Boost run usually refers to moonwalk -> run -> runturn. The principle of the movement in the vid is similar, but it uses runturn -> run to achive slow run instead of moonwalk -> run.

Top Bottom