• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus true death combo?

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
Hi Samus mains... Not sure if this is the right place to post or not, but my friend hit me with this combo the other day, and I've been since scratching my head, trying to work out if I had any chance of escape...

Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/gbv1nz89J_0

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
No, Dash Attack Up Air Up Air Up B is pretty solid at early percents....
BUT, there is no freaking way the Screw Attack can kill that early, and before getting all salty and calling it "absolute jank bull****" on YouTube, you should have noticed that CUSTOMS ARE NOT PART OF THE META ANYMORE.
Having said that, Samus is a combo machine in this game and can do plenty of cool stuff like that, but that alone is not enough to make her even a top 15 or 20 or idk.

Btw :salt::salt::salt:

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
CUSTOMS ARE NOT PART OF THE META ANYMORE.
Who mentioned customs? This was standard gameplay, and it killed while I was sdi'ing down. Grounded screw attack apparently has the power to kill at that height at that %. Watch again, and see that Samus lands just before up b.

As for the salt, damn straight I was salty.

Last edited:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
Who mentioned customs? This was standard gameplay, and it killed while I was sdi'ing down. Grounded screw attack apparently has the power to kill at that height at that %. Watch again, and see that Samus lands just before up b.

As for the salt, damn straight I was salty.
That was indeed regular screw attack. Duck Hunt's tree puts the opponent incredibly close to the upper blast zone.

The Samus player could've even continued the combo with more uairs after landing and probably killed with the uair instead of a screw attack. You were in a terrible position there with no way of living so long as the Samus player knew what she was doing lol. Don't get near that tree when facing Samus.

Last edited:

Hark17ball

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talos21
3DS FC
0662-5845-1699
It was not Apex Screw Attack, it's the Regular Screw Attack. Apex is far stronger.

Edit* Wow sorry for my fail, i switched everything around hahaha

Last edited:

Uforia77

Smash Cadet
That was indeed regular screw attack. Duck Hunt's tree puts the opponent incredibly close to the upper blast zone.

The Samus player could've even continued the combo with more uairs after landing and probably killed with the uair instead of a screw attack. You were in a terrible position there with no way of living so long as the Samus player knew what she was doing lol. Don't get near that tree when facing Samus.
So in conclusion, don't bring the fight to Duck Hunt if your opponent is Samus, yeah?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

Wha─? The branch really made it look like an Apex.... and I didn't know that Samus was actually that dangerous in Duck Hunt, wow.
Ok, sorry, you was right.... stay away from Duck Hunt....

Top Bottom