• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus matchup

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
I would post this in the matchup thread, but I'm not really sure where it went here on the forum.

So I've been trying to improve my game in the Samus matchup for a while. I play a guy online every now and then and trying to get through his projectile spam is nigh impossible at times. Also, I would appreciate some tips on the matchup in general.

Thanks!

Schwamus

Smash Cadet
Coming from a Samus: the projectile spam keeping him at bay is kind of the point of projectile spam haha it is our arguably best spacing tool

How to get around it: watch a video on Samus missile canceling and find out how it works. There are pretty specific heights in which missiles have to be fired to be able to spam them effectively. Every Samus has her own technique so just try to watch and power shield/ dodge long enough to learn how she likes to use missiles which should allow you to weave through. Also, DT cancel is a good approach tool.

Last note: she is a light character so unless you ASc you won't really be able to combo her so abuse that quite a bit to keep her in range.

Last edited:

Schwamus

Smash Cadet
another tip: idk if it does off the top of my head but test out if different sizes of aura spheres explode missiles (both super and homing) because then you can just blow her projectiles out of the sky.

Could someone confirm if any of lucario's airs can hit missiles out of the sky?

Top Bottom