• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Kill Setup: Falling UAir to Perfect Pivot FSmash

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzjyEzp76cs

This goes as an alternative to Falling Uair to UpB, and it's a fairly effective setup into sweetspot fsmash. I suck at the game lol, so i messed it up quite a bit, so the times i did it correctly were at 0:04, 0:11, 0:17, and 0:45. Once you land the hits of Uair, perfect pivot away from them and fsmash in their direction. You can also control whether they go to the left or right i.e. at 0:45. This would be if you were facing the stage when you land the uair and want to send them offstage instead of towards the middle of the stage. Instead of a perfect pivot, run past them and do a regular pivot fsmash towards them.

Note: This setup is a lot slower than falling Uair to UpB, and it can be jumped out of, shielded, or rolled/spotdodged out of. However, the setup is fairly difficult to punish. On a spotdodge or perfect shield, the fsmash should be spaced well enough that you can shield or jab before their punish. Because the setup is slower than falling Uair to UpB, i would only recommend using this setup when it will kill, so as not to stale the fsmash or risk the setup not working.

Sorry for the replay I don't have a capture card.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzjyEzp76cs

This goes as an alternative to Falling Uair to UpB, and it's a fairly effective setup into sweetspot fsmash. I suck at the game lol, so i messed it up quite a bit, so the times i did it correctly were at 0:04, 0:11, 0:17, and 0:45. Once you land the hits of Uair, perfect pivot away from them and fsmash in their direction. You can also control whether they go to the left or right i.e. at 0:45. This would be if you were facing the stage when you land the uair and want to send them offstage instead of towards the middle of the stage. Instead of a perfect pivot, run past them and do a regular pivot fsmash towards them.

Note: This setup is a lot slower than falling Uair to UpB, and it can be jumped out of, shielded, or rolled/spotdodged out of. However, the setup is fairly difficult to punish. On a spotdodge or perfect shield, the fsmash should be spaced well enough that you can shield or jab before their punish. Because the setup is slower than falling Uair to UpB, i would only recommend using this setup when it will kill, so as not to stale the fsmash or risk the setup not working.

Sorry for the replay I don't have a capture card.
You can make it combo at higher percents by doing uair -> jab (crouch to cancel) -> fsmash.

bluesm0ke

Smash Rookie
NNID
sdlonghorns11
Yea i've done that too. Jab 1 has less knockback if the opponent is in the air if i'm not mistaken

Scream

Smash Apprentice
Yea i've done that too. Jab 1 has less knockback if the opponent is in the air if i'm not mistaken
No it has not.
The only thing that changes is that the opponents dont slide.
Upair > PP > Fsmash isnt true but useful nonetheless, just like you noted.

The jab makes it true, i have discovered this way back. Please take a look at some info i posted in depths thread.

Edit: Xygonn said it best.

Last edited:

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
The KB is the same, but since the angle is sakurai they are popped up at ~45 degrees (sakurai vs. aerial opponent reguardless of knockback value) instead of pushed away at 0 degrees (sakurai vs. grounded opponent, low knockback value). There is something funky about hitstun when people are sliding on the ground. This is what makes it combo into fsmash when it won't against a grounded opponent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom