• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

samus guide brainstorming

Jasona

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=728]samus guide brainstorming[/drupal]

what would i put in a samus guide? what advice would i give?
always use the dash grab instead of the standing grab. dash grab starts faster and ends sooner
never fully charge the charge blast. always stop just before its max'd. this allows you to retain most of the power and speed of the max'd shot, while avoiding the blinking that tells your opponent you have it
max the range of the zair. the ball at the tip reaches farther than it appears in every direction. at the tip, your opponent will have a harder time ducking, jumping over or backing away from the zair. many times an opponent will think that they're too high for the zair to effect them as they fall or too far away or samus won't be able to fall fast enough from a SH to zair them before they can run in and attack. plus, the tip does the most damage and has the most knockback
i'd like to say something about missiles, the up+b, spacing, the jab, combining projectiles into a brick wall, distance fighting, always doing something, living in and out of your shield, recovery, edgehogging, platforms, onstage combos, ledge combos, killing, grabbing, dealing with grabbers, dealing with rolling, buffering input after aerials...

Top Bottom