• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Dair spike?

Litt

Samus
Clarification, does anyone know for sure if this move is a spike or just a meteor in PM 3.0?

Litt

Samus
You or someone you know has been able to meteor cancel it at high percents?

JediLink

Smash Ace
You or someone you know has been able to meteor cancel it at high percents?
I don't think I've ever seen it meteor cancelled, so I can't verify 100% in that regard. However, it meets every other criteria for being a meteor smash and not a spike, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to meteor cancel it. I guess I (or someone else) can test it out and get back to you at some stage.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
For what it's worth, meteor canceling follows Brawl rules, so you can't just jump immediately, and if you try to jump too early, you can't cancel the meteor at all. So it is a lot harder, and on a spike as powerful as Samus's, there's going to be a point where some characters can't recover. I think the uncancelable window is 10 frames. There was a thread about it on the Brawl forums waaaaaaay back, so I don't know if it would even be possible to find it anymore.

Litt

Samus
Well as a great edgeguarding tool against other characters with a tether. Run off the stage, bomb, roll back onto the stage, so the bomb just falls off, then walk off the stage into a c stick dair. The bomb will hit them out of their grapple, or at least stop them from reeling themselves back to the edge, and then followed up with the dair for the kill.

Top Bottom